• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone have a BMP/OT-90?

MadCat2

OT-90 Update

Just got done the restoration project and thought I would update the site. I went out and bought a powerful pressure blaster, and then had to upgrade my air tank cause the old craftsman was not going to cut it. Got the new air compressor in and it runs on 220, not a big deal until you realize my house is solar powered, so that's not gonna work, so we wired it directly into my generator trailer and it worked great! 1 full ton of sand blasting material later and we had it down to metal and primed to paint.

First coat of paint came out shinny on some panels but after we scuffed it up and repainted it, the results were great! More pics to follow!

Attachments

Last edited:

Timberwolf22

Looking good!

More pictures!!!!!

Looks like we both have a painting weekend planned ..... you just finished up the OT-90 now on to the wrecker and trailer and I am working on the inside of the S250 this weekend.

Last edited:

Driver_Neil

Commiserations mate!! I had to part with mine in March last year and to this day I miss it like ****. Like you I had bills to pay and I know I had no choice - but to this day I regret parting with it!! :( :(

BiffJ

Sad to hear that. I just drove Augdog64s BPzV today with a couple friends who had never ridden in armor before. They had a great time and I got a bit reacquainted with the wonderful roaring speedster.

Frank

L1A1

Just got done the restoration project and thought I would update the site. I went out and bought a powerful pressure blaster, and then had to upgrade my air tank cause the old craftsman was not going to cut it. Got the new air compressor in and it runs on 220, not a big deal until you realize my house is solar powered, so that's not gonna work, so we wired it directly into my generator trailer and it worked great! 1 full ton of sand blasting material later and we had it down to metal and primed to paint.

First coat of paint came out shinny on some panels but after we scuffed it up and repainted it, the results were great! More pics to follow!
Was there any concern for sand getting into places you wouldn't want it to such as the road wheel hub bearings?

Matt

MadCat2

Selling my OT-90, 50k- a steal, starts up and runs great, been sandblasted and repainted, a few minor scratches but a steal at that price! I need to build a garage and the women told me to sell some toys...…..

Driver_Neil

Selling my OT-90, 50k- a steal, starts up and runs great, been sandblasted and repainted, a few minor scratches but a steal at that price! I need to build a garage and the women told me to sell some toys...…..
Think carefully before parting with it - I've regretted bitterly selling mine from the day I sold it!! If I could turn the clock back and reverse the decision - I would!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks