• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone installed dual tanks on their deuce?

bones1

Thanks.They had it. That 3/4x18 thread inverted flare nut for the fuel pump outlet is tough to find. So I will just put a compression tee, 3/16 tube I believe, in the vent line and then a tee in the return line and then a tee in the 1/2 feed line?.Then a separate switch for the aux pump and gauge. That's my guess.

Last edited:

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks.They had it. That 3/4x18 thread inverted flare nut for the fuel pump outlet is tough to find. So I will just put a compression tee, 3/16 tube I believe, in the vent line and then a tee in the return line and 1/2 feed line?.Then a separate switch for the aux pump and gauge. That's my guess.
My local NAPA carries them...
Keyword "inverted flare fittings" on ebay will give you hundreds of hits also.

Last edited:

rongaudier

I imagine this has been mentioned somewhere before. Forgive me for not reading/searching through the entire thread. On my duece, I noticed it starts much easier on fresh diesel fuel than it did on the old stuff that was in it when I got it. I'm thinking have a separate tank for fresh fuel to start, and another tank for WMO/WVO to switch to after it warms up. I know old diesels (Mercedes) would start on gas then switch over.

Csm Davis

The 5 tons have a fuel tank selector switch on the floor of the cab for their dual tanks.
I have done a couple no real pics of the plumbing Though. Easiest way I can see is to use 5 ton parts for the gage switch and tank valves. Added a 24 volt fuel pump inline after the valve so no pump switching was needed. Got the pump from Ted's trucks. Tank off a 818 will put the filler at the right spot but a m35 tank will work.
Thought that's what I said?

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, i like the tank on the driver's side. I did not like the hole on the other side so i got another tank and set it up with a pump to transfer to the main tank. Most of the holes in the frame were all ready there on the driver side.

Attachments

rlsnide

I just tied my tanks together with a hydraulic line and two ball valves. No wiring. No selectors. And its really easy 10 minutes and done. Had the tank on for a year or so and it works really well. I just turn the ball valve off when I fill up and then after about 50-75 miles open both of them and leave them open till I fill up again. Keeps it equalized very well. I didnt have to move my parking brake cable the tank is slid back about 2 inches from the factory tank. The parking brake cable just lays on top of the tank.

deuce2.jpgimage.jpg

jwaller

That's how most dual saddle tanks are set up. Just a simple line that runs to the bottom of each tank. Let gravity do the rest.

bigbird1

I just tied my tanks together with a hydraulic line and two ball valves. No wiring. No selectors. And its really easy 10 minutes and done. Had the tank on for a year or so and it works really well. I just turn the ball valve off when I fill up and then after about 50-75 miles open both of them and leave them open till I fill up again. Keeps it equalized very well. I didnt have to move my parking brake cable the tank is slid back about 2 inches from the factory tank. The parking brake cable just lays on top of the tank.

View attachment 476896View attachment 476895
Nice job on the tank and the truck, I would have busted it off in the mud!!! It looks like your is a road queen.