• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone know Home Depot's new code?

SMOKEWAGON66

I went to the Depot today to get some 24087 color Behr ultra using the codes from a thread by hcso1988. The lady told me that they were the old codes because HD has went to a new lower VOC paint formula's and the codes changed. She tried to mix up a small sample can for me but it isnt right. Does anyone know what the 24087 color codes for Behr ultra would be under Home Depots new low VOC codes?

UP Date 4/9/16 Remember a lot of the older posts with Behr #'s on the lids are not true FS they were color matched, so start with a clean slate.
Tell the clerk the list of the FS codes in the HD paint computer is found by going under "Competitor Color look up" and selecting Federal Standard as the manufacturer then have them enter just the five number code.
Here are the Federal Standard codes for the most commonly used colors:

30051 Brown 383 Camo

34094 Green 383 Camo

37030 Black Camo

33446 Tan 686A Camo

Last edited by a moderator:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wouldn't it be better if you posted this on the other(original) thread?

I saved this info from a recent thread if it helps.

Home Depot - Base = Behr Premium Plus Exterior Flat, Matte Deep Base #4300
Colorant............. OZ... 384th
AX-Perm Yellow... 2....... 68
D-Thalo Green..... 1...... 16
KX-White............. 0...... 112
L-Raw Umber...... 8....... 80
:mrgreen:

SMOKEWAGON66

Wouldn't it be better if you posted this on the other(original) thread?

My bad. I just figured I would start a thread that was all about the paint codes only without 3 or 4 pages of "looks good" "nice truck" and all that...you can delete it if you think its off kilter...

DEUCE1209

Sorry for hijacking this thread and if this is covered somewhere else. I'm not paint savy but I'm trying to learn. I've read through the paint threads over the past few months and brought what I thought was the most recent 383 green paint codes to HD this morning. When i gave the lady at the paint desk the codes, she told me the codes that i have are old and cannot be used because they have changed the..VOC.? these are the codes that i printed and brought:

Behr Premium Plus Exterior Flat, Matte Deep Base #4300
AX-Perm Yellow... 2....... 68
D-Thalo Green..... 1...... 16
KX-White............. 0...... 112
L-Raw Umber...... 8....... 80

This code was from a recent thread and I find it hard to believe it is already outdated? I appreciate any help you can give!

D3M0N

Anyone have a code for CARC Brown? I am assuming the old codes previously posted do not work either at HD.

EDIT: I am also contemplating taking some acrylic Testors NATO Tri-Color Green and Brown that I use on my1/35th scale models and having it color matched. Any thoughts on this?

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Color matching is your best bet.

I bought a couple of gallons of the single stage acrylic enamel od green ready to spray no hardner or reducer required from a guy on ebay Hotrod Autopaint. Looks to be a decent color not real shiny like most acrylics i have seen.Wasnt real expensive,Cost me $110 with free shipping.

XJ01-08

Well, I just went threw this and as far as I could tell all the did was add a L to each of the colorants so I got some mixed up and as far as I could tell the brown matched my old sample I had but I didn't have any black to match but it looks black on my top I just painted.

Example here for the green and if I remember tomorrow I'll get some pics of the lablels of the black and brown.

OLD
AX... 2....... 68
D..... 1...... 16
KX............. 0...... 112
L...... 8....... 80

NEW
AXL... 2....... 68
DL..... 1...... 16
KXL............. 0...... 112
LL...... 8....... 80

Last edited:

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Color matching is your best bet.
I have been color matching with good results but finally figured out that they can mix an exact mach from the Federal Standard 595 Colors.

For example you can go into any Sherwin Williams paint store and ask "Please do a competitive lookup, search "Federal" and you will get Federal Standard colors. Rodda paint stores is also able to do that.

For example, if you ask for Federal Standard 33446, you will get an exact match for 686A Tan Camo.

I was going to start a thread on matching to Federal Standard colors tomorrow, think I will do that.

The Federal Standard # for 383 Green Camo is 34094

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just bought the Behr three color camo paints at HD yesterday. Give them the 5 digit Federal Standard color code and they will mix it for you. I think the codes are in the Behr paint thread or you can get them from the marking and painting TM. Don't have the info with me now.

m816

When you get bored, You get cheap, and buy stuff at Home Depot. When you get cheap, you paint your deuce with house paint. Don't get bored in the first place. :deadhorse:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks