• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone know someone to do mechanic work/diagnosis on a deuce in Oklahoma?

trider

I have a pretty bad fuel leak on my new deuce I got this week. With the holidays and work I do not have time to diagnose it or repair it and would like to find someone to take a look at it. The fuel is running down the frame and front axle and inner fender on the drivers side front. I know if you own a deuce you need to know how to work on them and I will learn once I have time. I am not a mechanical idiot but smart enough to realize my time is worth something and if I can pay someone to get it fixed while I am tied up it will be more than worth it. Thanks guys.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It sounds line the hose from the frame rail to the injector pump. They can be a trouble spot.

trider

Yes I will get pictures tomorrow as it is dark outside now and I am sitting down to watch the OSU vs. Baylor game. I will post pics tomorrow. GO POKES!!!!!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It should take less time to fix the hose, than watch a basketball game.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah but...

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh a soccer game, sorry...

trider

Warthog is correct. I'm an OSU graduate and can't miss the game but will post pictures tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:

trider

Ok I got out this morning to take some pictures of the leak. While under the truck trying to get pictures of the fuel leak I also noticed it appears I have a leak on the winch on the passenger side. Looks like maybe a drain plug for the fluid and its leaking around that. Also while under there I found a rusted spot on what appears to be the radiator which shocks be because they radiator hasn't been in there very long. I guess it was a rebuilt that with a fresh coat of paint looks good from the top. The radiator doesnt leak a drop but the rust concerns me. Also I have a small seep where the transmission and engine bolt together but it has only dropped one drip since Thursday and what MV doesn't leak a little fluid. The fuel leak is only when its running but I took it down the dirt road two days ago and it did not want to idle acted like it was starving for fuel which doesn't surprise me. Yall look at these pictures and give me feedback on the fuel leak and what other leaks/rust I should be concerned about. I want the truck mechanically sound before I do anything else to it. When it worms up more I will get under the truck on a creeper and check it over better. 28 degrees is too cold to stay out there on the cold floor very long. Thanks guys.

welldigger

You need to look for the leak with the engine running. Judging by the stain pattern it isn't the rubber supply line under the IP.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That radiator looks like it has been in for a while to rust that bad. It is the bottom bracket and not part of the core. Wire brush and paint it with Rustoleum or a rust paint of your choice.

Clean your IP and then look for the leak source. Very hard to find a leak when it is that dirty.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks