• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Appels bobbed 5 ton

Nonotagain

Hey guys ..... here is some pics of my 5 ton i just finished today. I still need to mount mud flaps on the rear and minor adjustments on other things...... alot easier than a deuce.
How was bobbing a 5 ton easier than bobbing a deuce?

I'm looking at both options right now myself, so I'm interested in your experience with this task.
TW.

Nice looking truck BTW.

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
Regular 105 bed,Its easier because no rivets bolt on suspension,no frame cutting,no air line removal,no hitch remounting,no sub frame under bed.half as much work,twice the truck.

dm22630

Do you think that the rear tires will hit the bed???? Looks mighty close!

So did you pretty much just unbolt the tractor parts, remove the rear axle, slide the middle axle backward & set it on 5ton front springs & extend the driveshaft?

How did you fix your sprag problem?

Looks great! :)

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
dm22630,Thats exactly what I did,Tires will not rub,plenty of room for tire movement.Didnt fix my sprag problem yet.Still have to figure correct tire pressure.

dm22630

John -

I am running 60psi on the front & 50psi in the rear on my M813 w/1600s. I am going to pump the front up to 75psi....it is still loose on the steering.

How long did that take you to do? A day or so?

What hardware is needed to bob a M818?

Thanks!

Daniel

grounded

Banned
hey what about putting a front driveshaft in place of the front rear shaft? its longer wonder if you can measure see if it has the proper measurements? if it does then Daniel i have a drive shaft that you need also ;)

Don needs them springs off the 105 so you guys got it made ;) and you have some extra 900s ;) do it do it lol

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks