• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Appel's Bobbed Deuce Done and Painted

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The more I see these, the neater they look. They are just something that you would naturally want to take to town for chicken....

One neat trick for getting the rivets out is that after you blow the head smooth off, with the torch, blow a small hole all the way through its length. The trick is to go all the way through. The heat from the torch will want to make it expand outward, but it can't so it will expand inward. When it cools, it will be slightly smaller. Then be sure to use a punch the same size as the diameter & the biggest hammer that you can comfortably swing. Too small a hammer will start making the rivet shaft expand again.

Lee in Alaska

rivired

im bout to start my bob and im so dreading the rivet removal..i dont wanna go buy a torch kit..but i will...is there any other PRACtical methods?

btw..ur truck looks great

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks