• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Arctic bed heater

dmetalmiki

I have two of those heaters under my bench, both missing that top box part , is that the igniiter module? If so where can I obtain one such item?.

I saw those on deuce and a half trucks at Camp Ripley, MN. They also had the arctic bed covers as well so if you were riding in the back of one of those babies you were pretty toasty. Maybe not so good in the summer though as it could get pretty stuffy in there during the day.

stb64

Was that really a thing? What did the switch do? Any pictures?

When a fuel fired heater is turned off, the blower will keep running for a few minutes to cool and prevent damage to the combustion chamber.
In case of an atomic attack, you need the blower to stop immediately, as it would also draw contaminated air into the cab. That's what the "TURN OFF IN CASE OF ATOMIC ATTACK" switch is for.

74M35A2

I just acquired one of these M35A2 cargo bed heater kits. Complete NOS in original wood crate. Includes external cage, heater, control box, fuel pump, fuel filter, etc.... PM me if interested, price in classifieds.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks