• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Are all good trucks gone?

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was watching that 46k truck and was quickly outbid. I was expecting it to sell more like these two from the week prior, with some extra budgeted for the doors.

why the big discrepancy? What am I missing??
It just takes two people to run bids up.

A common mindset among the naive is "the other guy knows what he's doing. I really want this truck, so I'll bid until i get it. I know it won't go more than a bid or two too high, because the other guy won't go beyond reasonable value. So even though i have no idea of value, I know I'm not going more than a bid or two to the high side. And i really want this truck"

When you get two of these guys on the same truck, you get crazy high outliers.

As an aside, the "are all the good trucks gone" post is a recurring theme. It's been around longer than I've been involved in the hobby.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not sure if it's happening as much these days as I haven't been watching much, but in the past it wasn't uncommon for trucks or equipment to get bid up to stupid price levels, only to see it back on the auction block in a few weeks.

Suspicions were that the auction company was intentionally running up the bids themselves in order to make more money.

Though the simplest answer is they are just incompetent and posting things for sale multiple times. I know they've done this multiple times as I've gone to pick up generators for other people and the generator was already gone. That same person had it happen a couple more times to them with other generators.

tomelroy

seems like a bargain compared to the one that went for 65K last year!, but that particular model and configuration has seen prices of 65K, 50K, 48K and 45K in the last year and some people just like paying more, going thru the EUC process, and waiting for 8+ months for sf97.....when they could get one for less without the wait.

GuntherRommel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We got 2 more last week and there are a lot of runners coming up next week, I might have been premature in that statement.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks