• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Are Runflats worth trying to save???

Special T

T, agree completely. The key is to not generate any more than necessary.
With heavy equipment tires manufactures produce a load, speed duration, inflation table so that you can operate with in specs. They don't do that for DOT rated tires, I'm guessing for liability reasons. All their tables are based off max air pressure for a DOT tire.

Some of you may remember the Ford explorer tire recall. All the tires that caused rollovers were in the hot SW of the country. The tires were no different than the replacements just had 28psi stamped on them instead of 32 or 35. (Can't remember which)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

someoldmoose

Yes, Ford screwed the pooch on THAT one. Hence me always pushing the "chalk check". That's wut the tires actually NEED. NOT what makes them cushion people's tuchases the best. Good ride means too low. Proven it time and time again to my customers over the years.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks