• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Are the Florida titles worth it?

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
Hi JWade : glad to see a GovPlanet representative on this forum, to clear things up for the members.

I have a question regarding the florida title, does it state the model year of the HMMVW in question, f.eks if the data plate says 07/85, is it then evident on the (Off Road only) Florida Title that this vehicle is a 1985 model? This can have bearing on how the vehicle is treated (as a classic here in Norway for example).

And also: Is there any restrictions on exporting these HMMWVs? From Govplanets info I read that in order to buy one, international buyers will have to use the help of a US citizen.

thank you
Joe
If the Data Plate has a delivery date that is what will be the year of the truck and yes it would be on the title. As far as exporting them I am not an expert. I have spoken with people who have gotten them out of the country easily and others who have trouble getting it done...

gcbennet

I had serious issues with the date listed on the title being different from the vehicle's actual mfr date while importing the truck into Canada. Mine is a '99 auction ex-Marine humvee built in '85 but the title stated 2000 as the vehicle year of mfr, i'm guessing because that was the year it was titled for the first time as a civ vehicle. We have a 15 year exemtion rule to the inspection standards guidelines, and the 2000 date (on paper) made it inadmissable as a surplus mil vehicle. Long story short I had to trace all of the titles back (4 in total through 3 different states) to the original and provide proof of age to have the document officially changed to reflect the actual mfr date of the vehicle. It was a real pain in the butt to have to go through all of that, but it all worked out in the end and my truck was able to join the ranks of the few humvees up here in Canada.