• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Arrival of 2nd HMMWV M1151A1

Gcelevator

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well..... today, i received my 2nd truck, an M1151A1. This truck was marked as Hvst, and i didn't notice the pictures while bidding. However, it was very cheap at $2,800.00, which for parts is just fine.
The truck had all the fluids drained (differentials, wheel hubs, engine) transmission is missing bolts from the pan, rear transmission bar missing, intake manifold and turbo bridge, brake actuator pump, cooling stack, injection pump all missing.
My plan, is to either start sourcing parts or buy another cheap truck (not slant back) and use it for parts. This project will be a long term project as i have no rush in finalizing this one.
Will try to keep all the problems and troubleshooting in this thread (unless i am advised not to)

Attachments

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
P
Sell the slantback and make your money back, then scavenge the truck for what you want.

Who did you use for shipping?
People are getting $8500+ for a good condition slant back with roof these days. Big money. Now a roof with the full turret setup by itself is worth about the same.

Mark

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sell the slantback and make your money back, then scavenge the truck for what you want.

Who did you use for shipping?
If he paid $2800 I'm guessing it worked out to about $5K total to get it in the driveway. ;)

Seems to be a recurring theme - buy a parts truck for parts, then change course and try to bring it back once it's delivered. They seem to be dumping a lot of trucks in this condition which could either put the squeeze on the parts availability or, if people buy them to part out, might make parts more plentiful. I'm waiting for the latter but haven't seen it yet.

Reactions: OBX

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought my parts truck for $3500. $4406 after auction fees. Plus $1600 shipping. So about 6k total. Took slantback and tons of parts off for my m1152 and sold the carcass for $3500 in two days on marketplace. Guy wanted for an LS conversion build.

No way to find a hardtop and slantback setup for $2500!

Last edited:

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So hypothetically speaking: if I buy a non-runner M1151A1 for parts, what can I sell the complete slantback for?
There is one listed on epay for 8500 for the complete kit. I've also seen just the rear sponsons and hatch listed for 5k. It depends on if you have time to find the right buyer. They are out there. Sometimes a quick flip, sometimes you sit on things.

Gcelevator

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If he paid $2800 I'm guessing it worked out to about $5K total to get it in the driveway. ;)

Seems to be a recurring theme - buy a parts truck for parts, then change course and try to bring it back once it's delivered. They seem to be dumping a lot of trucks in this condition which could either put the squeeze on the parts availability or, if people buy them to part out, might make parts more plentiful. I'm waiting for the latter but haven't seen it yet.
$2,800 truck
$3,600 (after fees amd taxes)
$1,900 shipping

The original idea with this one was to bring it back to life, the pictures did not show the whoke condition of it or at least i did not notice.

Also, as Mattguy said to sell it but, i would only do that after successfully registering the truck with a clean title.

tgejesse

Yeah I dont know how people think the slant's are worth 8k in the current market. If people are buying, more power to ya.... but like you... anyone can get a parts truck for stupid cheap right now lol

Autonomy_Lost

There is one listed on epay for 8500 for the complete kit. I've also seen just the rear sponsons and hatch listed for 5k. It depends on if you have time to find the right buyer. They are out there. Sometimes a quick flip, sometimes you sit on things.
That one has been listed for months and months. It's not gonna move at that price. Anyone that does more than 5 minutes of research will realize you can get a whole truck for less than that.

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That one has been listed for months and months. It's not gonna move at that price. Anyone that does more than 5 minutes of research will realize you can get a whole truck for less than that.
Some people don't have the skills to buy and flip trucks and parts. That's the person that will be buying that. If you do a search for slant back kits, you'll see even SECO has a kit for $9395.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks