• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Article: MEP WIKI

derf

I dunno what happened to the 016 wiki but here's some of it:
MEP-016

MEP-016s are very similar to the MEP-021 and MEP-026 gensets, but the 021s produce 400Hz power and the 026s produce 28VDC power.

"A" and "C" models are 3600 RPM Gasoline, 120/240/208 60Hz single and three phase gensets:

Manuals:
TM 5-6115-271-14
TM 5-6115-271-24P

"A" models are powered by 4-cylinder, 6 HP Military Standard Engines, Models 4A032-1 or 4A032-2 which are directly coupled to the generator.

"C" models are powered by Model 4A032-3 or 4A032-4 engines.

The basic difference between the 4A032-1/-2 and the 4A032-3 engine is that the 4A032-1/-2 engine has a conventional ignition system
while the 4A032-3 engine has a breakerless ignition system (BIS) and a larger rope cranking pulley. The 4A032-3 engine is far easier to start and also has
greater reliability and requires less maintenance.

Dimensions and weight:
Length . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 35 inches(87.5 cm)
Width . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .24 inches (60.0 cm)
Height . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 25 inches(62.5 cm)
Weight . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 275 pounds (123.75 kg)
Capacities:
Fuel tank . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 3.75 gallons (15.25 liters)

"B", "D", and "E" models are 3600 RPM Diesel, 120/240/208 60Hz single and three phase gensets manufactured by Onan:

"B" models are powered by a single cylinder Diesel engine and are electric start only.

Manual:
TM 5-6115-615-12

Dimensions and Weights:
Overall Length . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 39” (99 cm)
Overall Width . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 23.75” (60.3 cm)
Overall Height . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 28” (71.1 cm)
Net Weight Empty . . . . . . . . . . . . . 440 lbs. (199 kg)
Net Weight Filled. . . . . . . . . . . . . 498 lbs. (226.3 kg)
Shipping Weight . . . . . . . . . . . . . 500 Ms. (227.6 kg

Capacities:
Fuel System. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 4.5 gal. (17.4 Liters)
Lubricating Oil . . . .. . . . . . . . . . 3.0 qts. (2.8 Liters)

"D" models are "A" models which have been modified by replacing the gasoline motor with a Yanmar Diesel motor.

"E" models are "B" models which have been modified by replacing the Onan Diesel motor with a Yanmar Diesel motor.

Yanmar L70 and L100 motors have been used in the above conversions and have manual pull start capabilities.

MEP-701A is the designation for the MEP-016B or MEP-016E models with the Acoustic Suppression Kit (ASK) enclosure.

W8BUH

Just purchased a MEP-003A and I think the fuel pumps are bad. Well I think two of the three are bad. Question, does all three pumps have to be working to make the generator start? I know the aux. pump is working. I purchase a pump from the auto parts store which is 24 volts and I have 24 volts coming to it. But not coming out I grounded it and still not coming out. I need some help with this. Is there any fuses in the lines for the pumps?
Thanks

Jkid3

I Am new here. I have a question about my MEP-002A. I have been told it is hard on voltage regulator to idol for a long period of time. I want to know if it is hard on voltage regulator to idol and warm up and charge the batteries without a generating load on it

Thanks

Jkid3

Just purchased a MEP-003A and I think the fuel pumps are bad. Well I think two of the three are bad. Question, does all three pumps have to be working to make the generator start? I know the aux. pump is working. I purchase a pump from the auto parts store which is 24 volts and I have 24 volts coming to it. But not coming out I grounded it and still not coming out. I need some help with this. Is there any fuses in the lines for the pumps?
Thanks
I am new here. I have a MEP-002A my generator only has 2 electric pumps and 1 injector pump on side of motor mechanical pump But I think the MEP-002A and MEP-003A are the same electric fuel pumps. I would check for 24 volts at the pump that is not running. The aux.pump just pumps fuel from aux fuel tank to the on board fuel tank on board has a float in it that turns aux pump on and off

tim24sanders

Ok I have a question about an 002a generator I just bought, it cracked and every thing worked as it should and I was testing the out put lugs and hit l1 and l3 it made a small spark and now it's not producing any thang . So what did I do to it.

Guyfang

Staff member
Ok I have a question about an 002a generator I just bought, it cracked and every thing worked as it should and I was testing the out put lugs and hit l1 and l3 it made a small spark and now it's not producing any thang . So what did I do to it.
I would start your own thread. Where you are now, is not going to bring you any help.