• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

AS-3900A/VRC Antenna work with RT 524?

PowerstrokeNC

Will this Singcars antenna work with my RT 524 radio? I looked up the specs and it said it covers the 30-88Mhz band but obviously has no switch in the base for changing the tuning.

Any thoughts? thanks

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The AS-3900 is compatible with the RT524. The transmitter will be happy enough with the match, and the receiver will hear. The down side of these frequency-hopping antennas is that they are a compromise between no-tune wide-band coverage and antenna gain. Gain is about -6 db. In other words, divide the radio output power by four and that's what the antenna radiates, maybe.

And the AS-3900 will look good while eating your transmit power :)

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thats funny! So maybe I will start with this one and look for the adjustable version for down the road....[thumbzup]
Don't wait too long, the 6704's are getting harder and harder to find! And you can only use the 524 on six meters as a HAM operator. There is a thread on modifying the 3900 for use with the CB frequencies. You might be able to do the same thing for 51 MHZ, so it becomes a six meter antenna without all the other coils to eat your output power. If you try it, take pictures and post a write-up for others to follow your lead!

PowerstrokeNC

Thanks for all the input, is the whip the same on the As-3900 and the 6707? I have found a 6707 base with no whip so thought I could swap it if they are the same.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks