• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

AS-3900A/VRC Antenna work with RT 524?

PowerstrokeNC

Will this Singcars antenna work with my RT 524 radio? I looked up the specs and it said it covers the 30-88Mhz band but obviously has no switch in the base for changing the tuning.

Any thoughts? thanks

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The AS-3900 is compatible with the RT524. The transmitter will be happy enough with the match, and the receiver will hear. The down side of these frequency-hopping antennas is that they are a compromise between no-tune wide-band coverage and antenna gain. Gain is about -6 db. In other words, divide the radio output power by four and that's what the antenna radiates, maybe.

And the AS-3900 will look good while eating your transmit power :)

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thats funny! So maybe I will start with this one and look for the adjustable version for down the road....[thumbzup]
Don't wait too long, the 6704's are getting harder and harder to find! And you can only use the 524 on six meters as a HAM operator. There is a thread on modifying the 3900 for use with the CB frequencies. You might be able to do the same thing for 51 MHZ, so it becomes a six meter antenna without all the other coils to eat your output power. If you try it, take pictures and post a write-up for others to follow your lead!

PowerstrokeNC

Thanks for all the input, is the whip the same on the As-3900 and the 6707? I have found a 6707 base with no whip so thought I could swap it if they are the same.