• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

At war with my neighbors...

Darwin T

do what i did after the city fined me for parking my deuce in my driveway. i bought a M1028 that i can park in my driveway and picked a name that expresses my feelings towards the city. i have not stenciled it on the truck yet but it is in the works. on day they will wake up in the middle of the night and realise what i think of them. :shock:

meet "General Lee Euro Farquaad"

Attachments

AndyC

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Everything chages with time. I live on 30 acres and still have 1 bad neighbor. The only one I can see. Her house is for sale now.:razz:

dragonwagon

Lucky me , iv never lived where this type of stuff is an issue . I think i may have bothered a neighbor once with 3" mortors we were firing off for the 4th .

They started shooting bottle rockets in our general direction so we directed a 3" up there way . Bottle rocket fire ended abroptly :beer:

I sent the neighbor an email later that night . Dont bring a pea shooter to a cannon fight . He seen the humor .

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had some neighbors in Norfolk who didn't like the bus, the trailers, or the deuce or m38a1. Then I bought a 3k forklift. Everyone liked me then. Guys would get sod delivered, or lowes stuff delivered, or needed an engine pulled, or even a piano put up through a wall in a second floor. I gave the whole neighborhood a 'lift' in spirt. LOL!!!

zout

AK is a far cry spittin distance from GA for any opinons - but I also live in a subdivision that I do not have to be a member of unless I join - that is a no brainer cause I am not a joining sheep.

But I do have a lot of stuff brought into the neighborhood I have inflicted existing home owners with that they have to see at one time or another.

I do my very best to help apease the situation by utilizing my spare time to see the grass is cut headed to the pool area for members. I help with labor at the pool on a volunteer basis cause some of them are idiots - to keep neighbor kiids in the pool (selfish by the way).

You stated you are in a condo complex - there is NWH I would start an issue that would surely end up inflicting you with more than you might want to see headed your way.

Like other members said - sugar coat it - turn the ill fated attempt to piss you off in a light hearted manner and kill them with kindness. Kindness does not have to be a sign of weakness by the way.

Headed to the store - stop and knock on the door and see if you can save them a trip by helping them - you will be surprised how this turns around in your favor.

I see nothing but bad making an issue from it.

bkwudzhom

I gotta agree with Zout. If crap is headed your way don't add to it. We can't control how others act but we can control how we respond to their actions. When/if the law gets involved, your actions and how you have delt with the problem may have and adverse effect on the outcome. Make them to look like the bad guy. Besides its fun to make ppl eat crow. Even more fun if they go throught effort to cause problems and wind up having to feed it to themselves.

TommyM

I have to agree with some of the others. I own a HMMWV and where I live there is a lot of the "green activists" there who I worked with who used to harp on me all the time about how I was wasting fuel and killing the environment. Then we had a massive snow storm and they were all stuck and couldn't get to work and when I went and pulled them out from the snow I never heard anything about it again.

P.S. I found out I got better fuel miliage then most of them did. :razz:

I don't think I've seen your HMMWV around town? The day I first got my M1008 last summer, I drove it down to Bodo and got my new tags, then to Peerless Tyre to get some rubber. A cop followed me into the parking lot at Peerless and asked for my id and such, and said someone had called to report a "suspicious vehicle," so she had to check it out. She (the cop) was rolling her eyes as she explained the call to me.

So now my truck has a name. . . "Suspicious Vehicle."

Tommy
Durango, CO

digitaldust

well If like I have refrigerator oil by the quart and it SMELLS like hot barf going thru the diesel ...........

My peeps asked me to run the deuce so there kid could get to sleep.

topgun217

Tell them it's your pride & joy an your thinking about one for your wife. Then tell them the m1009's get great fuel milage, better than your truck and car. They get curious when your talking great mileage and then ask where they can buy one. The next thing you know, the entire HOA will have green in their driveways!

Be proud of whats yours, tell them it's paid for and walk away. I've never seen any HOA limit what a person can drive even though it may have to be parked in your garage. This is not worth getting upset over! If you feel you have to do something, paint you other vehicles camo too! Then post the pics!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks