• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ATF in M35A3 CAT 3116

oddshot

Although not a direct answer to your question, you might consider doing a search here.

You will find a lot of information on this forum.

oddshot

Last edited:

flyxpl

I have added a small amont of two stroke oil , but no ATF . In my opinion in small amounts ( 50 -1 ) you would be ok , but that is my opinion . I would not use even large amounts of oil in my multifuel . I also do not have access to large amounts of WMO , so I just prefer to add small amounts of oil to slowly get rid of what wmo I do obtain .

The above article in the link states up to 5% crankcase oil , but no hyd or ATF .

Last edited:

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I run ATF in the Multi-Fuel no problem. I believe your system is designed for straight Diesel fuel. Ever think of a swap out..?

DEMON

ATF by design is made to resist burning. Use ashless TC-3 2 stroke oil if you want some lube. I wouldn't mess with any mixtures like that in a heui injection engine. Multi fuels and idi engines sure, fill your boots. I do. But common rails, and heui engines. I wouldn't.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Splatterpillers like good clean diesel........I have added one quart of ATF per 100 gallons of diesel on Cummins and CATs back in the day of old school diesels.....nothing is more expensive than a sick puddy tat. These new electronic engines are particular about fuel.

hemichallenger

Does anyone use anything else then straight diesel in this engine? Do you burn any mixture? Thanks
I have run a 3116 over 25000 miles with 50 percent used motor oil with no problems. I mix it with diesel and then filter it to 5 microns. The only thing is it smokes a little getting up to speed and starts hard when it is cold out. I can not tell the differnce in the heat of the summer. This is a ideal engine for a fuel mix becauce it does not have any electonics and uses a supply pump.

Last edited:

offroadexpeditions

I have run a 3116 over 25000 miles with 50 percent used motor oil with no problems. I mix it with diesel and then filter it to 5 microns. The only thing is it smokes a little getting up to speed and starts hard when it is cold out. I can not tell the differnce in the heat of the summer. This is a ideal engine for a fuel mix becauce it does not have any electonics and uses a supply pump.
And you are talking about the M35A3's CAT3116 engine, right?

jaymcb

since you are in FL, can you be a little more specific about 'cold out'?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks