• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Atlanta Area NAPAs STINK

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
3rd strike and you're out. :rant:

Had the NAPA part numbers from the thread for inner wheel bearings. Ordered them and was told a store in the ATL area. I take the phone number before I go, I call. They pick up the phone and hand up on me immediately.

I call back, and they say they don't have them. They have to be special ordered. I ask if there are any at any NAPA in the ATL area---NO, they have to be special ordered by all stores.

Later that day when I get on SS, Heavysteven has PM'd me and said they are available in a store in the ATL area. It was too late at that time for me to go get them. I get torqued.

I go to Advance Auto on Labor Day since most of the other places are closed by the time I get to them. I ask about the bearing and they can have it the next morning for 19.99 and it is a TIMKEN USA made.

On Monday I start looking for wheel studs (I forgot I needed them--DUH). I again have the NAPA number and in this case I call my nearest local NAPA and ask them to order them in, the answer---I can't order that item. What!? It's in their catalog!

OK, I go back on line and am led to believe they are at the original NAPA that supposedly had the bearings. This time I don't call and actually have a hold on the item. Show up and NO they don't have them. WTF. Says they didn't order them and it would take 2 days to come in.

I go to O'Reilly's where I normally buy my stuff. I give them the NAPA part numbers. Their local warehouse has 20 left and 20 right and they can have them here within 3 miles of my house by tomorrow at 11:45. NAPA may be loved by some of you but they will only get my business as a last resort now.

My rant endeth.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Makes me wonder what you would do to the NAPA manager, in the mens room, if he were choking.

Nonotagain

The closest NAPA to me allowed me to order 10 gallons of hydraulic oil as a special order provided that I came into the store and paid for it in full. No problem, plunk down the $94. Three days still no oil. Go to the store to find out that they closed down.

Had to do a credit card charge back to get my money back, but never again.

My "local" Advance Auto Parts store is pretty well stocked and will order parts for me without having to make two trips.

Capt.Marion

CARNAC, if you need a good NAPA, the only one I go to is
North Georgia Auto Truck & Ind Parts Inc

5260 C Highway 9
Alpharetta, GA 30004
(678) 297 - 0148

These guys are good--they have ALL of the books still, and check the books BEFORE going to look in the computer.

It's a hike from your AO, though...

cbvet

I've been very pleased with the help & service I've gotten from the NAPA/Ridge Auto Parts stores in the South Bend/Elkhart Indiana area. Very professional.
The manager at the Plymouth Indiana store is great too.

SMOKEWAGON66

Thats horrible...the NAPA out here in my town is great. Never had aproblem with them...if they dont have it, they order it. When i told the manager what kind of truck i was getting, he said bring some parts by (filters, lugs, brake shoes, etc. ) and if they dont have the numbers, he would research it and find them if i needed them to..so far i havent had to do that, but its nice to know he cares enough to do that for me.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
and if they dont have the numbers, he would research it and find them if i needed them to...

Now that's the service I got from the girl at O'Reilly's. Took an hour but she did it. I then used that info and went to another store to validate the part number before I had it ordered and counted my eggs before they were hatched.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I once orderedone five-gallon pail of GL-1 at the NAPA on Buford Hwy in Duluth, GA. I showed up the next day and the guy at the cash register told me they would put it in my truck for me while I paid. I was half asleep until I saw that they were loading the last of 20 5-gallon pails in my truck! They were pissed off when they had to unload it.

That being said, the NAPA in Hiawassee, GA is excellent, albeit small. They are fascinated by my deuces and will order anything without pre-paying. They have never made a mistake.

steelandcanvas

Sorry to hear of your mechandise mis-adventure with NAPA, that has to be the exception and not the rule. I've had nothing but good service from our small NAPA store here in town. Anything they don't have on the shelf, I usually get within the next day or two. Go where you they take care of you, who cares what the sign says out front.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I do patronize the NAPA in town here but they used to be an independent and then got a NAPA franchise. Lots of big truck stuff there.

The NAPA corporate stores seem to be the ones that are hosed up the most.

My son works at Advance and they can get filters and other items so I get a discount there...if all else fails I go to O'rileys or NAPA.

Bighurt

My Napa is great, I don't even bother with the mil discount the fleet discount is better. Just wish I had a fleet...LOL

Gunnermac

Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have been an old car nut for years ( got the green fever about a year ago) NAPA was the go to place for parts. The local store had a guy who had been there for years and didn't even have to look in the books. He's gone, the old store is gone, and the books are gone. If it ain't in the computer you are generally SOL. I think the local stores are corporate now.

Oldfart

Sorry to hear of your mechandise mis-adventure with NAPA, that has to be the exception and not the rule. I've had nothing but good service from our small NAPA store here in town. Anything they don't have on the shelf, I usually get within the next day or two. Go where you they take care of you, who cares what the sign says out front.
Like Steel and Canvas says, it depends on who is behind the counter. Our local NAPA has gone to heck in a handbasket. They supply the wrong part, won't look anything up that does not fit in their computer (does that Dodge M43 have air conditioning?) I got so frustrated the other day, I told them that they would be a good location to open up a parts store. That remark was over their heads. It used to be a good store. Our local CarQuest was even better until the manager left and some corporate dweeb took over. Now they have a hard time spelling parts let alone finding them. Right now we are using Advance the most, as they make an effort to find the part and get it in. They are a little short on store inventory, but they try. ~~~ I do long for the old days of independent parts stores with owner/managers who actually knew what the part was for and how it got installed.

paulfarber

Not all NAPAs stock the same thing.. so what is carried in one store is special ordered in another.. it all goes to what they sell.

The NAPA in Pottsville has different parts available than the one in Minersville.. less than 10 miles apart. I know which one will make a hose vs order it. One store is into the heavy trucks and more heavy tuck parts on hand) the other is really good for having fluids/hoses/belts.

Seeing that all NAPA's are not 'cookie cutter' yes, the computer at one store could be a special order whereas another store may stock it... they only know what the screen tells them.

AceHigh

The last two responses from my local NAPA were:

"We don't stock anything for military trucks" (It was a common part that I looked up on their site)

and

"Antifreeze with SCA? What is that?"

Jimma

I recently ordered a 3 inch socket from NAPA in Blairsville, GA to use on my duece. They required that I come in and pre pay it. $46.00 I did. It was supposed to be in the next day. I drove back, they could not find it even though it was on thier delivery ticket. The local owner said this was just a string of problems out of the Atlanta warehouse. He was torqued because he had been billed and would have to prove it did not arrive. Somewhere between billing, loading and delivery it was lost and was the only one they had in the warehouse. He was mad because he said this is happening daily because they are hiring complete morons and that they actually prefer to hire low cost, inexperienced labor to fill orders and handle the warehouse. I dont have that problem with Orielly. If they say its going to be there it always is.

Bill W

Carnac I like Oreilys also but
If you find that you need to deal with napa again
I've had great service from Don or Denny at the NAPA store in Fayetteville ( County Auto Parts 770-461-1281 ), they have three stores, stay away from the one in Peachtree city ( their only talent is giving stupid looks ) and there's also one in Turin ( ehh.. ) Also the owner of Bumper To Bumper Auto parts in Senoia is old school parts guy and they deal alot with big trucks ( they keep inner and outer lug nuts in buckets by the counter )

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
If anyone needs parts, feel free to contact us. Better pricing than other places as well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks