• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Auction date changes, MK48 and Hemtt recall

Gunzy

OK, so I've read this entire thread and still don't know what the heck is going on... I just found a mk48 with two rear units for sale and would really like to purchase them. Should I?
Buy away. It is very unlikely they will recall the trucks that have been sold. It is also looking like no more MK48/HEMTT/LVS/PLS will be sold in any state other than scrap as the demill code is now Q3 which requires mutilation and no salvage of parts. Now, that being said some could find there way through GSA auctions.

71DeuceAK

I don't really follow some of the politics of this too closely, but to me the idea of requiring something perfect working and usable to be "mutilated", in other words shredded/crushed/destroyed is ridiculous. Why not resell? I really don't understand the logic of it.

Gunzy

I don't really follow some of the politics of this too closely, but to me the idea of requiring something perfect working and usable to be "mutilated", in other words shredded/crushed/destroyed is ridiculous. Why not resell? I really don't understand the logic of it.
You are talking about the U.S. Government, logic does NOT apply.

TehTDK

I looked some of them up on PubLog Flis,(DLAs public NSN search tool). The demil code is still Q(EUC required), but the integrity code is now changed to 3(mutilation required). Interestingly only HEMTT and PLS are affected,LVS are still code 6(mutilation only required outside the US).
So if I bid on one, living in Denmark, all I would be getting is a huge pile of scrap?

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think it means if they were sold by the USG outside the US they would need to be scrapped. But if bought in the US and then exported you might not have a problem as I have heard one of the dealers exported a few recently. I am not a Lawyer, info is for reference only.

Gunzy

So if I bid on one, living in Denmark, all I would be getting is a huge pile of scrap?
HEMTTs are now coded demill Q3 which requires mutilation and no salvaging of parts. You may be able to purchase one from a private individual who already owns one but I would check on exporting one legally before forking out the money.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I see them too but won't hold my breath for them. They're 30+ days out and can be dropped in a split second..plus that batch will go sky high due to panic/demand. I'm just going to keep watching and waiting.

Jeeperjoe

you may see them in your watch list but if you search for HEMTT, OSHKOSH, or the item numbers it returns 0 results

they were in their own category when they were listed as Truck - Hemtt but the category is missing now

Last edited: