• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Auction date changes, MK48 and Hemtt recall

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
I still don't have any clarification. We were told to pull them all from the auction until further clarification so thats what we have done. We have not gotten the "official" word yet.

Gunzy

OK, you have my interest now. I want one, have found one and now wonder if I should pull the trigger or not.

Gunzy

Just a little info I have received. I have gotten word from 2 different people that had won and paid for these (1 MK48 FPU and a HEMTT) got the EUC cleared then were denied pickup even though they had release papers. They were informed that they are restricted items when they went to pick them up. I am not going to ID anyone but it would be interesting to see how many others may be experiencing this when they go to pickup their equipment.

HASSON1911

Just a little info I have received. I have gotten word from 2 different people that had won and paid for these (1 MK48 FPU and a HEMTT) got the EUC cleared then were denied pickup even though they had release papers. They were informed that they are restricted items when they went to pick them up. I am not going to ID anyone but it would be interesting to see how many others may be experiencing this when they go to pickup their equipment.
I would be furious especially if it was in my condition were I sent a trucker to come pick it up instead of myself.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

jjb

I heard from someone at GP that they are supposed to request already sold units be returned.

No one can tell me when that will officially announced though?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Tornadogt

I heard from someone at GP that they are supposed to request already sold units be returned.

No one can tell me when that will officially announced though?

If you do receive a notification from Govplanet remember the important word of "request". From my current understanding is there is no requirement to return any such trucks (HEMTT's). No more will be let out with the current Demil code, but if you have them in your possession and all your paperwork (SF97) it takes a lot more than a "request from Govplanet" for them to recover the trucks from you. And from my understanding there nothing more than a " return request from Govplanet" is being planed for these items. This is going to be a big mess for Govplanet with the truck that are in limbo (Sold but still not picked up) and not all the paperwork finalized including (EUC/SF97/Item Release), I am sure it will be a case by case basis. I would recommend (internet expert here) if that does apply to anyone here that they get on the phone with Govplanet and plead there specific case.

I believe this poor guy has this matter dropped on his desk.
Dakota McFarlin (dmcfarlin@IronPlanet.com)

Trade Security Controls Liaison
Government Services, IronPlanet
925-225-8624

jjb

If you do receive a notification from Govplanet remember the important word of "request". From my current understanding is there is no requirement to return any such trucks (HEMTT's). No more will be let out with the current Demil code, but if you have them in your possession and all your paperwork (SF97) it takes a lot more than a "request from Govplanet" for them to recover the trucks from you. And from my understanding there nothing more than a " return request from Govplanet" is being planed for these items. This is going to be a big mess for Govplanet with the truck that are in limbo (Sold but still not picked up) and not all the paperwork finalized including (EUC/SF97/Item Release), I am sure it will be a case by case basis. I would recommend (internet expert here) if that does apply to anyone here that they get on the phone with Govplanet and plead there specific case.

I believe this poor guy has this matter dropped on his desk.
Dakota McFarlin (dmcfarlin@IronPlanet.com)

Trade Security Controls Liaison
Government Services, IronPlanet
925-225-8624
Do you know when those requests will be sent?

Gunzy

OK, so what about 2nd or 3rd down the line purchases? I mean people who bought from private individuals and never signed any purchase contracts or EUCs. That could cost GP or the Feds some money or they just say "Keep it, enjoy." Yep, this is going to get interesting.

HASSON1911

OK, so what about 2nd or 3rd down the line purchases? I mean people who bought from private individuals and never signed any purchase contracts or EUCs. That could cost GP or the Feds some money or they just say "Keep it, enjoy." Yep, this is going to get interesting.
While I agree with your statement the EUC we all signed clearly states the reselling or transferring property is the responsibility of the original buyer to disclose all laws and regulations associated to the vehicle's EUC. Should they still buy the vehicle they assume all risk associated with the EUC.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

86m1028

Also, the DIA or DLA-CID WILL show up if you do not comply with the "request" to return. It is difficult to "hide" something that large that you have paid for, insured, and registered with your state. IMHO
I truly hope not everyone has registered there "toys" !