• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Auction date changes, MK48 and Hemtt recall

HASSON1911

I didn't buy my first gov't vehicle till around '13, has there actually ever been a recall for any gov't surplus vehicles. I know the M939 series was a debate but they never acted on it.

jjb

I talked to someone at GP and they told me it's only the HEMTT tankers that they are changing the demil code on.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
What about the MK48's?
Does anyone know if this includes PLS also?
Let's keep the thread on the topic of the HEMTT sales being in question currently, until we otherwise find out more.

I talked to someone at GP and they told me it's only the HEMTT tankers that they are changing the demil code on.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
jwade, any info on this comment?

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well they took them all off, if just tankers looks like they would still be selling cargos or wreckers

dwelch

I looked some of them up on PubLog Flis,(DLAs public NSN search tool). The demil code is still Q(EUC required), but the integrity code is now changed to 3(mutilation required). Interestingly only HEMTT and PLS are affected,LVS are still code 6(mutilation only required outside the US). I looked at some of the identification stickers on some of my Gov Liquidation HEMTTs and PLS and it used to be listed as integrity code 6,so they have definitely changed the sale requirements.

Publog is available from the DLA website and replaces(poorly)Webflis. It allows you to search by NSN and shows the current DMIL and other information. Will be interesting to find out why these are no longer available to the public..

HASSON1911

I looked some of them up on PubLog Flis,(DLAs public NSN search tool). The demil code is still Q(EUC required), but the integrity code is now changed to 3(mutilation required). Interestingly only HEMTT and PLS are affected,LVS are still code 6(mutilation only required outside the US). I looked at some of the identification stickers on some of my Gov Liquidation HEMTTs and PLS and it used to be listed as integrity code 6,so they have definitely changed the sale requirements.

Publog is available from the DLA website and replaces(poorly)Webflis. It allows you to search by NSN and shows the current DMIL and other information. Will be interesting to find out why these are no longer available to the public..
So per the contract we all signed, they can demand us to return items to a dla deposition and will refund purchase price and shipping, but if they only change it to multinational how does that fare for already purchased trucks, do they ignore us? Or do they send a person out to witness mutilation?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In theory they send you a letter and you hand over the truck for shredding.

I suspect this hasn't played out completely yet. Remember the EPA shutdown? Or the first M934A2s? Or the M1101s with the prohibited mounts?

HASSON1911

In theory they send you a letter and you hand over the truck for shredding.

I suspect this hasn't played out completely yet. Remember the EPA shutdown? Or the first M934A2s? Or the M1101s with the prohibited mounts?
No I actually don't, but I'm going to say yes and play along. Haha

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

jasonjc

I know they have reclaimed/took back lots of stuff. From little things up too aircraft. Some from members here.

So could they?? YES

Will they?? ????

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Completely agree. But people are already jumping to turning things in for shredding and we don't even have a clear idea of what's going on.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks