• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Auction date changes, MK48 and Hemtt recall

m715mike

Look I'm not worried if they want it they can have it.
BUT it is only fair that I get reimbursed for truck and shipping if I don't get paid for painting that's all right. It's not the end of the world.
I see nothing political about his opinion.
It's some of the hardliners that need to take a chill pill.
We are having a good time with this.
Or at least I am. It's a dang truck not my life.
Life will continue if there's no 8x8 in my yard.
Have fun with it like my 4 tires picture.
If God wants me to have that truck it will be.
Have fun quit stressing over stuff you have no control over.

I, for one, am very relieved!!!! Seriously, I'll sleep good tonight. From the comments in this post, it appears that Coffey1 still has his truck. I had worked myself into a lather thinking that a mysterious, unnamed organization already took his truck!!!

I can only imagine the havoc one could wreck with an invisible, bobbed 8x8!!!! Now that'll keep someone up at night!!!

Attachments

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks that's the sprit. That would be something else wake up and only tires are there with a card that says thank you uncle Sam.

PS you goob guys better wait until after rally.

Last edited:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You do not get the point.

The armed agents might be the same ones to recover these "IF" the govt decides it wants them.
The LRs were just an example of excessive force to seize ONE 4wd.

Not really sure why your considering it political?

It happened
FACT.....not my opinion....FACT

It does have to do with MVs. Who do you think could show up to get them if it gets to that point? The GP rep? Ummm no.

Do I personally think it will come to that? No
But.....the Land Rover seizures point to what "could" happen. Worse case.
The Land Rover issue is between Customs and the EPA it has nothing to do with MV's . So keep your tinfoil hat handy.
:tin hat::tin hat::tin hat:

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I could see them showing up with the cop's afraid someone might go off the deep end not wanting to give something up that they rightfully bought and paid for.

dwelch

I would not worry at all about armed agents showing up for your trucks..:rolleyes: Unless there is a justified national security concern they are NOT going to reclaim the units released. There are simply to many legal and logistical factors and would be unprecedented and incredibly hard to justify for the government. It would cost DLA far more to reclaim them than they can save under the reman program,and what justification would they have for doing this? In addition they normally never reuse equipment of any kind that have been out of government custody for any purpose as there may be latent defects or abuse and would be a huge liability on their part. If they are requested(extremely unlikely) they will be destroyed and not reused.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Like I said I don't lose sleep over it.
If they were coming to get it they would not have issued sf97.
GP was the only one to send email asking nicely for volunteer return
And nicely told no. And still got paper work to title.

Lmtv772

Banned
Look at what the govt did a year or so ago with those Land Rovers.
Showed up in force with weapons (not drawn) to take them on the spot.
6 cars and 14 agents just to get one 4wd Land Rover that didn't meet US emissions. That was getting just one.
That was just for EPA issues.
Not sure about the reimbursement, if any
If they want them, they will come get them.
Legal and money issues will be dealt with AFTER they get it and on your dime.
that Land Rover thing was due to the fact that Land Rover complained about people importing defenders for far less money than Land Rover would sell the identical trucks for over $100.000 . That's the reason why imported defenders are Less safe than a Range Rover. It's all about money. But that story has 0 parallelism to what's going on now.

Last edited:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Again, you are totally missing the point.

I wear a HGU-56 flight helmet, but thanks anyway.
No you are missing the point with your conspiracy theory of big brother coming for MV's because the siezed illegally imported Land Rovers . You should be posting on a Land Rover Forum , since no MV's have been siezed.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow! Forget the land rovers.

The only reason I mentioned the rovers was the fact that 14 ARMED FEDERAL AGENTS showed up to seize just one LR 4wd.
The details are irrelevant. I could care less about those trucks.

AGAIN, the point is the fact of such an extreme show of force in getting that ONE truck.
The very same force that COULD come and get these, the very same way, IF it ever came to that.
Doesnt matter what agency.

Of course it relates.
If Feds want MV truck back, federal agents could/would show up in force, like in the case of the LRs, to get them.

I personally don't think so but was just pointing out a "it could happen" scenario.

I don't know how to explain it better that that.

Bash away.

jjb

This is from the GovPlanet terms and conditions: It sounds like the worst they can do to us for refusing to return the item is a suspended account.

2.2. Demil Code Changes; Return of Restricted Property. In the event that DLA Disposition Services changes a Demil Code or determines that an item offered for sale by IronPlanet may not be sold, or must be sold with restrictions, IronPlanet may withdraw the item from sale or place additional restrictions on the sale at any time prior to the removal of the item by the Buyer. The Buyer will be limited in remedy to a refund of the purchase price and cancellation of the sale.
Items sold by us, which are subsequently changed to a Demil Code status determined to be restricted by DLA Disposition Services or the U.S. Government, must be returned by you to the nearest DLA Disposition Services facility or other U.S. Government facility (if not originating from DLA), and you will be reimbursed for the purchase price and any documented transportation costs incurred by you. If you have already transferred the property to another party, you agree to provide the name and contact information of that party to the Department of Defense or other federal government agency charged with the investigation of the transfer or recovery of the property. Your failure to cooperate in returning these items, providing contact information of transferees or completing and submitting End-Use Certificates upon any Demil Code change may constitute grounds for suspension of your account and prohibition from bidding in future IronPlanet or U.S. Government sales, and we reserve the right to suspend your participation without providing you any additional notice or warning.
In the event that a Buyer is requested to return property subsequently determined by the DLA Disposition Services or the U.S. Government to be restricted, Buyer understands that any certification to IronPlanet regarding what has been returned will be forwarded to the Government and be the basis for determining any refund due the Buyer. If you falsely claim a refund for property you have not returned to DLA Disposition Services or the U.S. Government, you may be liable under the False Claims Act, 18 U.S.C. §287. Included with the request to return property, you will receive contact information for Fast Track Logistics, who will be responsible for returning the property to the Government at no cost to the Buyer.
You agree to cooperate with DLA Disposition Services and the U.S. Government in the recovery of property that was sold to you, which is later determined to have been restricted, and understand that if you fail to do so you will be deemed by the DLA Disposition Services or the U.S. Government to be "uncooperative" and may be denied access to future sales events at the discretion of the DLA Disposition Services or the U.S. Government.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow! Forget the land rovers.

The only reason I mentioned the rovers was the fact that 14 ARMED FEDERAL AGENTS showed up to seize just one LR 4wd.
The details are irrelevant. I could care less about those trucks.

AGAIN, the point is the fact of such an extreme show of force in getting that ONE truck.
The very same force that COULD come and get these, the very same way, IF it ever came to that.
Doesnt matter what agency.

Of course it relates.
If Feds want MV truck back, federal agents could/would show up in force, like in the case of the LRs, to get them.

I personally don't think so but was just pointing out a "it could happen" scenario.

I don't know how to explain it better that that.

Bash away.
The sky could fall also.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO04VXBIS0M

archmark

After Nevada and Dallas, you can bet everyone from Deputy Dawg all the way up to Uncle Sucker's SS troops will be showing up armed to each and every "event"...

Gunzy

Oh for heck sake. I didn't buy from Uncle Sam. So I'll just make a deal to not pay taxes or they can trade me for some other 5 tons or something because I didn't pay bid cost, I bought private and the bidder made money. So welcome to "LET'S MAKE A DEAL." If I can recover my costs they can have it back with my blessing, but I don't see this happening. The contract that Oshkosh got to rebuild/upgrade trucks is for 1800 HEMTT and 1000 Trailers. I would bet that most of the trucks in this will be PLS and LVS units as they don't really use much in the ways of the M977/985 anymore. PLUS, I would bet good money that they have that number or more still in inventory so they wouldn't have a need for the trucks already released. Just using a little logic here. Now once things settle and the Gov and GP get the numbers figured I would also bet the older HEMTTs will come back to auction. Now if they come back they may be sold as scrap or off road use but I really doubt they will come to your house with a platoon of armed soldiers to take your truck a gunpoint. Now that being said, I hope the don't sell anymore so I can be sitting on a $200K used piece of rare military equipment. Well, I can dream anyway. So, enjoy what you have, drive it like it's stolen, and paint it pink just to irritate the military and above all, have fun with it in any way you see fit because after all, IT'S YOUR TOY!

jjb

Oh for heck sake. I didn't buy from Uncle Sam. So I'll just make a deal to not pay taxes or they can trade me for some other 5 tons or something because I didn't pay bid cost, I bought private and the bidder made money. So welcome to "LET'S MAKE A DEAL." If I can recover my costs they can have it back with my blessing, but I don't see this happening. The contract that Oshkosh got to rebuild/upgrade trucks is for 1800 HEMTT and 1000 Trailers. I would bet that most of the trucks in this will be PLS and LVS units as they don't really use much in the ways of the M977/985 anymore. PLUS, I would bet good money that they have that number or more still in inventory so they wouldn't have a need for the trucks already released. Just using a little logic here. Now once things settle and the Gov and GP get the numbers figured I would also bet the older HEMTTs will come back to auction. Now if they come back they may be sold as scrap or off road use but I really doubt they will come to your house with a platoon of armed soldiers to take your truck a gunpoint. Now that being said, I hope the don't sell anymore so I can be sitting on a $200K used piece of rare military equipment. Well, I can dream anyway. So, enjoy what you have, drive it like it's stolen, and paint it pink just to irritate the military and above all, have fun with it in any way you see fit because after all, IT'S YOUR TOY!
Are you saying you painted yours pink? If so I'd love to see pictures😃

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

acesneights1

Ok, just read every single page on this. If I am to understand this correctly the govt wantsHemtts back so Oshkosh can rebuild them for more service...
if this is correct then why is there two up for auction

Last edited by a moderator:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks