• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Aux Fuel - Scepter Cans - Goodness!

rogpike

Where can I buy an adapter for the 5 gallon and 55 gallon drum?
Is it the same adapter but with a few extensions screwed on?
As far as I know you will have to purchase it surplus either off a surplus retailer or an auction site etc. The adapter fits both the 5 gallon and 55 gallon. When you place the adapter in a 55 gallon drum you have to screw the extensions together. I don't have mine in hand yet, but this is how I believe it works.

Zed254

Search......

Military Generator Heater Auxiliary Diesel Fuel Pickup Tube Jerry Can MEP 803A

On the big auction site. The guy has 7 of them for sale. I've bought a couple aux. fuel lines from him that arrived as advertised.

Last edited:

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,
Just double check that your aux fuel system works. Like, maybe have it running and connected to the 1 MFC, and siphon fuel out of the tank until the aux pump kicks on and re-fills itself, and shuts off when at approx. 80% full. Good to check it now, so when you do depend on it, you know that portion functions the way it should. :)

rogpike

So I received the EZ Spout Scepter Jerry Can Adapters today. When spinning on the adapter tightening it way down, it will overturn and become loose again. I attempted to tighten it to the point to just before it overturned and emptied 5 gallons of diesel. Very small leak at the end of the pour. Anyway, I want zero leaks so I will most likely scrap this idea. One possible exception is I used the yellow spout connection vs the black one...however I am almost 100% confident it came from the adapter and not the spout connection.

I have an OEM spout being delivered today so I will try with it as well.

2017-10-16 11.19.14.jpg2017-10-16 11.21.59.jpg

rogpike

Sounds like the internal threads of your fuel can are worn out. I see alot of them like that.
Brand new cans.

I did receive the OEM spout....wow, that thing is big...and beefy...no leaks....of course it threads on the outside. I also tried the black spout adapter. I think what happened was the fuel might have leaked out the vent hole at the end of the pour when I tipped the can upside down? That is just a guess.

Last edited:

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you sure the leak was from the spout or threads? My scepter cans have a bad habit of a little bit of fuel coming out the air breather hole right above where the spout screws in when they get to the bottom. I think it is a bit of fuel in the airway that runs inside the can, kept in by the inflow of air to replace the fuel pouring out, then when the fuel is gone and the tank equilizes, the few drops in the airway come out.

rogpike

Are you sure the leak was from the spout or threads? My scepter cans have a bad habit of a little bit of fuel coming out the air breather hole right above where the spout screws in when they get to the bottom. I think it is a bit of fuel in the airway that runs inside the can, kept in by the inflow of air to replace the fuel pouring out, then when the fuel is gone and the tank equilizes, the few drops in the airway come out.
I think your right! Thanks!