• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Axle bolts broke

Drock

So my drivers side rear axle flange developed a small leak. When I went to undo the bolts 2 of them sheard off. I was able to easily unscrew the broken shanks with my fingers. So I assume they must have just bin over tightened? I stuck 2 random bolts I had in my stash to get buy till I can get proper replacements. Can I just get these from the hardware store? Or are they something specific? 20170118_203019.jpg20170118_203124.jpg

Last edited:

Chaski

I am pretty sure the "extreme strength" flange head bolts sold by McMaster are ARP brand. I bought the 7/16" ones for my 11.5" AAM from them after I broke a couple. They also sell flange head grade 8 bolts for much less money.

I am not sure on the length but the 14 bolt / 10.5" has 1/2"-13 bolts.

This link should get you close if you want the extreme strength ones. The link is for 1.25" long bolts, but again I have no idea if that is correct.

https://www.mcmaster.com/#97972a513/=15z128m

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks