• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Axle bolts broke

Drock

So my drivers side rear axle flange developed a small leak. When I went to undo the bolts 2 of them sheard off. I was able to easily unscrew the broken shanks with my fingers. So I assume they must have just bin over tightened? I stuck 2 random bolts I had in my stash to get buy till I can get proper replacements. Can I just get these from the hardware store? Or are they something specific? 20170118_203019.jpg20170118_203124.jpg

Last edited:

Chaski

I am pretty sure the "extreme strength" flange head bolts sold by McMaster are ARP brand. I bought the 7/16" ones for my 11.5" AAM from them after I broke a couple. They also sell flange head grade 8 bolts for much less money.

I am not sure on the length but the 14 bolt / 10.5" has 1/2"-13 bolts.

This link should get you close if you want the extreme strength ones. The link is for 1.25" long bolts, but again I have no idea if that is correct.

https://www.mcmaster.com/#97972a513/=15z128m

Last edited: