• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

axles

notsosanestan

anyone know a good place to get the axles from a m1008? or should i just buy one with no engine or something from a auction

acmunro

Might want to check with GM72K10 on here. He is going to have some axles soon. I am not sure what he is going to do with them, but I bet they are up for sale.

scottodog

I know a guy poss. parting out a 1028 14ff / 60 with posi in central NJ. Let me know if your interested and I will give him a call.

fitz

Like you said, you might be just as well off buying a truck at auction for the axles. Last week at the GSA auction in Mass they had a M1028 that was a running and driving truck (rusty) that sold for $1100.
I think you would spend that much on 1 ton axles alone. I'm kicking myself for not buying it but I bought 2 M1028's in the last 2 months.

allrevup

Try searching in SteelSoldiers, ColoradoK5 and Full Size Chevys classifies. You may try Ebay and Craiglist ( and to see what is avalible in craigslist.org nationwide, sometimes over 8,000,000 listings, try craiglook.com enter Chevrolet axles, CUCV, M1008, M1028 or what ever. You may find something just a close drive to you. This are heavy and expensive parts to ship.

Last edited:

motormayhem

If your not planning on running more than 36-38" tires a d44/14bolt combo will work just fine and save you a lot of $$. I just did that swap on my 1009 and it cost me about $400 for two axles that I could bolt in and run without changing a thing.

notsosanestan

still looking for axles i really need them my rear just blew on my m1009 :( i can get m1009 axles but why waste the money when i wanna upgrade anyway any help would be appreciated

notsosanestan

been looking on there just hoping someone on here would have some to sell i really didnt wanna buy a set of m1009 axles just to use the rear

SmokeyDod

I have set D60 & 14B out of M1008 . Loc in upper SC. Just remember when someone says they have 14 bolt, if it's out of a 3/4 ton truck or suburban it is a 14B BUT not like what's in the MV . First of all it probably won't have the Detroit locker and also the brake shoes on the MV's are normally wider than the 3/4T. PM me if interested.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks