• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

axles

notsosanestan

anyone know a good place to get the axles from a m1008? or should i just buy one with no engine or something from a auction

acmunro

Might want to check with GM72K10 on here. He is going to have some axles soon. I am not sure what he is going to do with them, but I bet they are up for sale.

scottodog

I know a guy poss. parting out a 1028 14ff / 60 with posi in central NJ. Let me know if your interested and I will give him a call.

fitz

Like you said, you might be just as well off buying a truck at auction for the axles. Last week at the GSA auction in Mass they had a M1028 that was a running and driving truck (rusty) that sold for $1100.
I think you would spend that much on 1 ton axles alone. I'm kicking myself for not buying it but I bought 2 M1028's in the last 2 months.

allrevup

Try searching in SteelSoldiers, ColoradoK5 and Full Size Chevys classifies. You may try Ebay and Craiglist ( and to see what is avalible in craigslist.org nationwide, sometimes over 8,000,000 listings, try craiglook.com enter Chevrolet axles, CUCV, M1008, M1028 or what ever. You may find something just a close drive to you. This are heavy and expensive parts to ship.

Last edited:

motormayhem

If your not planning on running more than 36-38" tires a d44/14bolt combo will work just fine and save you a lot of $$. I just did that swap on my 1009 and it cost me about $400 for two axles that I could bolt in and run without changing a thing.

notsosanestan

still looking for axles i really need them my rear just blew on my m1009 :( i can get m1009 axles but why waste the money when i wanna upgrade anyway any help would be appreciated

notsosanestan

been looking on there just hoping someone on here would have some to sell i really didnt wanna buy a set of m1009 axles just to use the rear

SmokeyDod

I have set D60 & 14B out of M1008 . Loc in upper SC. Just remember when someone says they have 14 bolt, if it's out of a 3/4 ton truck or suburban it is a 14B BUT not like what's in the MV . First of all it probably won't have the Detroit locker and also the brake shoes on the MV's are normally wider than the 3/4T. PM me if interested.