• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Back Up again from GP auction?

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
Thank you for clarification. We work hard for our money and we want to be treated fairly and honestly.

Is it possible to look at item# 715639, please? What went wrong with it? Why did it get list 4 times?

There is another item but I could not find it since "Did not Win" items listed only for the last 30 days.
I show it sold three times

569571- buyer paid and did EUC never showed up to pick up the item (abandoned
705231- Buyer did not realize it was an EUC item didnt want to go through it. (EUC default)
715639- Current sale.

DanM7890

Another high priced item not sold never came back up for auction.. Seems they don't want anymore business from me. I have been trying to make offers on stuff not sold and they're not interested. Hopefully something will change by Ritchie buying them because this crap is annoying.

DanM7890

The issue is they don't want to make deals anymore. They are asking for more money than usual and keep listing the same item week after week until someone will bite.

Gu3

Its all about greed!!!! I will never buy from them. I bought both my trucks on ebay for way less than GP starting bids, and I am totally happy with my purchases.

BadRobot

Recently, GP just increased the starting bid. For instance, M1101/M1102 used to start at $300. Now M1101/M1102 starting bid starts at $400, some even $700.

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've noticed there is a lot fewer 5-tons... and prices reflect it. Dump trucks reaching $20 k + fees.

Last edited:

BadRobot

HMMWV M1123 starting bid starts at ~$16,000 or ~17,000 now. I did not see M1123 in $40+ range recently. I think you pay for on road title. Then I can customize whatever I want instead of pay premium upfront.

The funny thing is MTV is cheaper than LMTV. I think it depends on demand / supply. I will always go with MTV.

Dwnorton1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gov planet relist

Just a curiosity question? Recently I had been watching an item then did not sale. An auction or two later it was relisted. I bid a few times until it went above what I budgeted. Very next auction it is relisted back at original opening bid. How is that possible? They take my info so how could someone back out? Just new to these auctions but I do notice some peculiarities. I'm glad so maybe 3rd time will be charm.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Our GP rep reported that about 20% of winning bidders back out of the purchase for a plethora of reasons.

Dwnorton1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, that kind of ticks me off. I was beaten by someone who said meh I don't think I want it now, causing it to be relisted where I can bid on it again where someone could say meh. Changed my mind.

Dwnorton1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well after reading this whole thread on this I have come up with some conclusions: that really make no difference but here they are anyway.

They should absolutely charge someone who backs out.
They should allow second place bidder first option if item is backed out on.
They should require deposit up front to bid, if someone is serious then they would not have problem with this.
They should ban repeat offenders.
They should beat repeat offenders. Just threw that in to see if you were paying attention.
Much like everything in life. The few screw it up for the rest of us. :rant:

FloridaAKM

Okay, Here we go....
#1 They do charge for welchers
#2 They don't allow this..
#3 They don't require this.
#4 They also do this
#5 They beat us us, we quit bidding early, So?
#6 All is takes is one or more to screw it up for the rest of us, like the HUMMVEE's
#7 We can deal with it, go home or find a new hobby/job............ :roll:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks