• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Back-up alarm to back-up lights

usmcgunner

This would probably go better in the "What have you done to your CUCV lately" forum, but it would just get lost.

Today, I took a new set of low-profile "driving" lights and wired them up as back-up lights. My 1008 was retired into the Forestry Service (FS) and then bought by the PO who repainted it. Since it was a FS truck, it had a back-up alarm. Don't know if this is common or not, but it provided for a perfect existing circuit to wire up the lights. They're nothing special (I think I picked them up from AutoZone a couple years back for another truck) and they take away from stock military, but they're definitely better than the stock Chevy reverse lights for country "Ops."

20130122_153301.jpg20130122_153213.jpg

Flyingvan911

Looks great. I did that to our '88 E-250. Helped a bunch. The 2008 E-150's factory back-up lights are much better. I want to put a big armored vehicle headlight under the back of my deuce.