• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Back up camera Deuce

joeinaforest

Ok, all done except the paint...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLNowxSjfnA[/media]

10" display off of ebay 80 bucks plus like 11 for shipping. Sub $100 for the entire install. Got the batteries for free from work...they are used, but will run the mirror for many many hours between charges. I charge with a little solar panel. Used Anderson Power Poles for easy disconnect/charging of the batteries.

I know, most of you will be like "why"??? WEll, because I'm a control freak and DESPISE not being able to see directly behind me. Now I can :)

Works at night with some infrared LED's around the edge of the camera...

J

ApopkaFL

Banned
I plan to install them all around my truck. So I can see what is around me when I am backing up, changing lanes and so on. With the truck being on 53" tires and 8"; lift its tall. There is a company that sells a 7" display unit that you can use it to view 4 video cams at the same time.

Attachments

Ripcord01

The back up cameras are nice to have. Good job,, I have one on my CiVi truck . You might be careful so you don't become like me and rely on the screen to much. I t is nice not having to stand up and twist your head around..

joeinaforest

Here is a link to the same seller I bought from: 10.2" Rearview mirror monitor + Water Proof Camera + TS | eBay

Takes a couple of weeks to get it.

I aimed it so that it just nicks the hitch. When I get a trailer life will be good!

And no, it does not record. Just use your phone to record po po interactions if you are worried.

If you would like a DVR to record, I'd recommend www.supercircuits.com never the cheapest, but always good. IIRC, you can get into a dvr for about $120 that records to an SD card.

I purchased this system for the display, not the camera....but since it was there I used it. I don't expect the camera to last for long, hopefully a few years...

Also, this unit will accept 2 cameras at the same time, so it would be very easy to add another, regular NTSC output.

The cheapo camera gets a little contrasty in bright sun and at dark...but I figured it was free, LOL. It also only has about a 50 degree view angle...I'd rather have like 100 degree wide angle. But, I still use my mirrors like normal, so not a problem, just gives a great view of the hitch and immediately down. I can see with my angle about 15' behind the truck.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hmm, now I'm thinking. Works at night with little infra reds. I have at least one IR tank light. Wonder if that would be too much light?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks