• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

back-up camera

peashooter

I did the rearviewsafety brand camera system also for my m109 deuce. I actually just got a second camera and monitor to add onto the cargobox cover on the trailer. First kit was from costco.com, second was amazon. They are weatherproof, 12-24v, IR night visibility, and have lots of options. I have mine setup so its just always on (sort of like a rearview mirror). You could rig up a reverse operated switch Im sure if you wanted to though to turn it on and off.
here is some info and pics of mine http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...Build-Thread&p=1376642&viewfull=1#post1376642

71DeuceAK

Interesting ideas! I like the backup camera idea myself, for backing in parking lots where just hearing CRUNCH doesn't quite cut it. But blind spots are also a good idea, along with the rear view. As for the 4th, I'd just love an in cab or dash cam view, would love to take some long road trips in the '84 M923 I'm getting and document them!

acme66

I mounted the forward facing camera high up on the cab light bar, means I can see the front bumper in the camera (925 winch truck). The rear one is about head high mounted inside the "people cage". They let me get very close to things without letting the crunch out. That is nice for sure.

Ken

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks