• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

backup light switch

Action

The trans has nothing to do with the reverse switch. The correct parts attaches to the shifter and has two waterproof plugs on it.

86sa

Cole hersee has a switch with the right size thread and two sockets on the back, napa has a similar switch also. My intent is to solder two wires to the switch and encapsulate the back of the switch. Waterproof connections are available if that is what you want-however you're making your own harness anyway because the existing harness does not have connections for backup lights. Cole hersee part# 9162 napa # ns6582.

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's the shifter.
The upper switch is a neutral sw., lower one is Rev. switch.
The hole in shifter for rev. sw. is bigger, thats why they use a bushing as seen in photos.
Bushing outer diameter is about 3/4"
DSC_00007.jpg
DSC_00008.jpg
DSC_00009.jpg

Action

There is no "bracket" to mount the switch to in the humvee, so there is nothing to have to make. The switch screws in the hole of the shifter. as seen in the pic above.
So, to better answer your question, what bracket are you talking about? there isn't one.

infidel got me

Sorry for being so stupid and asking a question like that. As I do not have a Humvee shifter in my hand or have I had one out. The shifter looks like it could have had the rev.switch BRACKET bolt to it as a add on that may have or have not come on every military Humvee ever produced. One day when I am as smart as you I will never have to ask such a stupid question. Thank you for your wealth of knowledge.

Action

I was just thinking too hard. there was a pic of a humvee shifter with a threaded hole and a sensor sitting beside it. most of us do not have a shifter to look at. That is why 86humv posted the pic.
Someone stated earlier that there is no aftermarket part for this switch.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks