• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bad Photochop of a far future plan.

crazyplowboy

There is a school bus like the one yarb posted here locally that is used as a shuttle to haul people from their cars to the mud pits at truck night. It has 5 Ton axles and was a very simple build, as chevytruck pointed out it would be a pain to convert a Deuce into something like that.

Engine5

I was actually thinking about a similar project. We have a 1970 ford rescue truck that is soon to be taken out of service. I was thinking about taking the body off of that and putting it on the frame of a deuce instead of the cargo bed. It would make a nice piece of equipment. Deuce nose and winch and a rescue body on the back. If I had photo shop I could make up a picture to show my Chief, they like pictures better than words.

Numbers

I was actually thinking about a similar project. We have a 1970 ford rescue truck that is soon to be taken out of service. I was thinking about taking the body off of that and putting it on the frame of a deuce instead of the cargo bed. It would make a nice piece of equipment. Deuce nose and winch and a rescue body on the back. If I had photo shop I could make up a picture to show my Chief, they like pictures better than words.
Post the pictures here and someone will probably be able to assist you. I don't have photoshop that you require but there are some on site that appear quite proficient in artistic skills.

Engine5

Post the pictures here and someone will probably be able to assist you. I don't have photoshop that you require but there are some on site that appear quite proficient in artistic skills.
Sounds good. The deuce in the pic is from this site I think. I have no side shots of mine, so I am using this one as a rep, and a darn good one at that. The body on the rescue truck that s is pictured is identical to ours. All I have is nose and rear shots of ours. I would go up to take a pic but it takes for ever to get the air system up enough to move it. But it does have a 429 gasser in it, would fit right in a 70 mustang. hmmmm , more coffee please

Attachments

frodobaggins

Sounds good. The deuce in the pic is from this site I think. I have no side shots of mine, so I am using this one as a rep, and a darn good one at that. The body on the rescue truck that s is pictured is identical to ours. All I have is nose and rear shots of ours. I would go up to take a pic but it takes for ever to get the air system up enough to move it. But it does have a 429 gasser in it, would fit right in a 70 mustang. hmmmm , more coffee please
LOL, that deuce pic is the one I used for my mockup :)

frodobaggins

Here we go:

Attachments

Apologies, Frodo, for the short hijack:

That's actually a WM300 Power Wagon, not an M37. They were special ordered as school buses and have a very interesting story behind them. There was a webpage up telling the story but I can't find it now. Perhaps Garbee or one of the guys at the Power Wagon Advertiser may know.
Just for clarification, I do know the difference between a picture of a M-37 and a PW.

PW 1st, then M37

I think that rescue body on the deuce chassis or maybe even a 5t would be a useful truck.

Attachments

Numbers

Apologies, Frodo, for the short hijack:

Just for clarification, I do know the difference between a picture of a M-37 and a PW.

PW 1st, then M37

I think that rescue body on the deuce chassis or maybe even a 5t would be a useful truck.
Curious question, why are the windows the same on a power wagon model than the other one you show? I also can't find the same door opening as on the multishaded model (M37) you show. Is this possibly a Wayne rebodied version of the M37? If this is a standard version I would think it would be sort of rare.

More pictures of a 1951 power wagon model with the "droopy windshield" is at Johnny Burrito / Bus Cover

A 1951 Dodge unknown model and a 1951/1952 Ford with Wayne body is at http://www.oldbus.us/Gallery/SchoolBuses/

Attachments

Last edited:

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you mean Ivan the Terrabus.

She has been a favorite of mine at Mc Murdo Station.

I was doing the short bus on a deuce frame last year.

Didn't have a forklift big enough to lift the bus off of one frame onto another.
So now the bus sits detached from it frame.
Just a form a flat clamp pinches the bus body to the fram and 3 rubber mounts at the corners with 3/4" bolts.

Dashes look compatible. An the frame railes are the same size. I borrowed the bus's tow hitch for my deuce.

Attachments