• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bad vibration after hard brake incident.

Hi
I was driving my 1009 today when a nice lady cut me off requiring me to lock em up for a very short moment. After the braking incident I'm getting lots of driveline vibrations. This truck is lifted 4" and the vibrations were not present until this braking incident. Any thoughts or experience?

cucvrus

Hunt her down and file a lawsuit against her. Or check and make sure your axle did not shift on the leaf spring centering pin during the hard braking. It's possible. Check closely. Have you re-torqued the axle U-bolts lately? Also check the front and rear drive shaft. Axle wrap can damage things during hard breaking.

WARWAG

CUCVRUS/SNOWCAT NOME are right. Did you re tighten axle U bolts after you drove on them for a while? I checked mine after I returned home from my lift install at my brothers place and they needed a bit of tightening. Not sure what the torque specs are for a M1009 though. I bet your axles moved slightly on you. You could have a "shorter" front drive shaft. Does it still drive in a straight line or is it going one way or another now? Hard to tell from behind a computer screen. Could be a bad U Joint that is giving up the ghost from the extra stress under hard braking. Let us know what you find out. Just be GLAD you don't own a Kristi snowcat............

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you locked up the brakes and tires slid, I would suspect flat spots.
Doesn't take much to grind off enough to cause some vibrations

This and the other things already mentioned.

Thanks for the replies. Yes I have recently torqued the u bolts but I will check them again. At first glance everything looks fine and the u bolts seem fine too.

I got under the truck today and found the rear ujoint to be bad. It wasn't loose so I missed it before.

I replaced the trouble maker and the truck drives great again. Thanks!

cucvrus

I got under the truck today and found the rear ujoint to be bad. It wasn't loose so I missed it before.

I replaced the trouble maker and the truck drives great again. Thanks!
Thank you for the report back. Many times the crickets drive me crazy when people don't follow -up with the solution to the problem they presented to the group. Good follow-up report.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks