• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Banks Turbo/ Cross over steering

dstang97

Has anyone done a Banks kit with cross over steering? I'm trying to put my steering together and it looks like it will hit. I think I may have to move the cross over pipe..

Iceman3005

No........but was wondering what crossover steering you used? I will be doing a 4 inch lift this summer and want to do a cross over steering.

Iceman3005

Just had a thought, what if you used a 2 or 4 inch steering arm drop? Do you have any pics? I have never seen what it looks like with a turbo on a 6.2L.

dstang97

Even with a 4" pitman arm drop it still hits. They do make a 5.5 drop but it is $200. Can some one with A banks kit get me a picture from the side view of the steering box.( cross over pipe) I think my kit was made wrong. It hangs down a bit

Stonepicker1

Iceman3005,
I see you are from Jonesville, MI. I lived in Reading for 20 years and still have land up there. My brother and step-dad live in Hillsdale(Oak haven on the lake)

Dstang97,
I'll be doing a banks turbo install next month on my dually. Let me know how the lift works out for you.

Iceman3005

dstang97

It is an s rod. The bar hits and the pitman arm hits. So I guess I need a lower pitman arm and straight drag link. Or try to rework the crossover pipe and tuck it up in the frame more.

Iceman3005

I just went too banks site I see the exhaust pipe that comes forward and crosses over in front of oil pan is the problem!?!?? What if you cut the pipe and did some minor relocating? I think that would be cheaper.......maybe?

dstang97

Did you have any problems with your kit install? How many inches is it from your crossmember to top of crossover pipe

Brett09

Well I didn't have any problems other then trying to put 10lbs of s*** in a 5lbs bag. It was tight but I really enjoyed doing it. It's not 100% done, I forgot to order the civy battery trays so the filter box wont fit. I did toss on a cone style filter just to give it a test run, what a big difference. As far as the distance from the x-member and pipe its just over an inch with the eye ball scale. Sorry me wife wifed my tape measure. rofl

Brett

dstang97

Okay I ran out and snapped a quick photo with my phone. If you need any more pics from a different point of view let me know.

Brett
Hate to bug you but can you get me a shot of the other side same angle. last year when I put this kit on I had a lot of little problems and had to call banks numerous times. One of the items was the cross over pipe they had to add 2 inches for it to work correctly. Now Im wondering if that is now creating the problem. It also seems like it could be tucked up a lot more into the frame.