• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Barstow M936's recovery

nf6x

Feral Engineer
Yup! I want one, too. Hmm, I wonder if my welding cylinders are the right diameters for the holders... if not, then I'll need to buy the right sizes.

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yup! I want one, too. Hmm, I wonder if my welding cylinders are the right diameters for the holders... if not, then I'll need to buy the right sizes.
Sounds like a new thread to me!

I need these too. Though I didn't think that size could be 'bought', just leased...

I picked up an old style big propane cyl the other day, it's got the right valve and screw on lid but it's about 2" too big in the diameter dept. It could be split length wise after top and bottom removed, re rolled to the right diameter etc. That's a lot of work, probably just make it a lawn roller.

Artisan

Boy the M936 is a beauty.
Might I ask a few q's please?
What was the final bid amounts?
Are they all drained of fluids and you take a chance the engine is toast when you buy it?
How many feet of cable are useable in the front?
How many feet of cable are useable in the rear?
Great thread!

nf6x

Feral Engineer
Mine happened to include fluids, but it varies from truck to truck and sale to sale. My truck runs, but it's not free of problems to be fixed.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I have repaired most of the problems on the m936.
I added a hard top and some convoy lights and some Gas bottles.

Attachments

She looks top notch! I haven't really been able to do much with mine. Been real busy at work with the holidays.
I still want to go to a hard top, need to find the vice, and hopefully the convoy lights to.

jesusgatos

Found this thread after reading in another thread something about all the fluids being drained out of all the vehicles at Barstow. Have to go recover an M923A2 and am just wondering what we're in for. Was also happy to see that post about the F350 towing a truck out, because if we have to get it out of the yard to work on it, it'll be behind a cummins/ram and I wasn't sure if GL would allow that (liability?).

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it does not say fluids drained it should be ok. But I would take some fluids if things are low.
But you do have to add them off the base (just outside get is ok).

Good luck with the recovery!!!