• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Battery Advice needed

datadawg

Zap the hawkers with high amps for a long time with a CONSTANT VOLTAGE charger. They should come back. This info came right from a Hawker Engineer when I had the same problem. They came back to life.
What does "high amps" and "long time" mean? 10 amps? 50 amps? 10 hours? 5 days? I am afraid to cook mine if too high a charge is applied for too long. Can you charge the entire pack by just connecting the charger to one battery's terminals? Or do you have to disconnect all wiring and charge each battery separately? Some kids apparently climbed into my truck and left the battery master on, not sure how long, but my batteries are dead - around 1 volts. I really hope they can be revived, I can't deal with buying 4 new batteries now!!

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When dead like that, they don't always come back.
Most do.
The hawker website has a lot of great info on these.

Guyfang

Staff member
The second video shows the charger the military bought, and had in the SATS, I believe. It was a killer. Worked like a charm. The last place I worked as a contractor, 173 Airborne, in Bamburg, we had two of these things going 24/7. The "Recycling Center was directly across the street. We would once a week go over and snatch up any Hawkers and bring them over to "save". After a few weeks, the unit never needed to order battery again.

Datadawg, those were two videos worth watching. Thanks, great job!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks