• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Battery CCA

EZFEED

Hey guys, in the Wal-Mart flavor of batteries what is the decent/minimum CCA per battery that would be needed for the deuce?

Any of you guys run Wal-Mart batts and if so what do you get? I live in the south and cold starting is really not a problem.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is from the list(similar threads) at the bottom of this page, it was a thread you started a year ago. The answer to this question was covered in it. http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?t=9888 post number 5?

I have the group 31 yellow walmarts in one of my trucks and it has never let me down on a cold weather start.

And for all you people that call me a SERACH NAZI, this is exactly why I suggest you use the search function before posting a question.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Search Nazi, Search Nazi, Search Nazi, Search Nazi, Search Nazi, Search Nazi, Search Nazi.:-D
:popcorn::popcorn:

FWIW, I have been known to use the absolute cheapest battery on the shelf and still get 3 years out of them. Granted, in the dead of winter the temps drop all the way down in the 40s for a day or two.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Westech

CPL
I just get some $50 autozone batts. Never had a problem till they were 5 years old. If you keep them charged up they should last. I would say at least in the 700 amp range you should be able to find cheap.