• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Be Jealous!

Croatan_Kid

Sadly, I think I've got about 10K in parts and stuff just for the motor swap. I could have bought 2 or 3 more trucks, but definitely not one with these options.

I'm going to see if the people I bought parts and pieces from will team up and help me sell a drop in kit to put a Cummins in a Chevy. I liked the motor mounts from one guy, the engine crossmember from another, and actually, a lot of the parts are just stock Chevy stuff from other year trucks or different trans/t-case combos. It's just that most things are pricey and some (like the clutch pedals) are pretty hard to find.

Croatan_Kid

You better get your wallet right! :roll:

I drove it from McBee, SC back to Pageland tonight. It was awesome! Even with no cooling fan it ran dead on 175 degrees the whole way and even sitting still at idle. It's so sweet to hear the turbo spooling and feel it pull when I'm going uphill :D

Croatan_Kid

So....we got a ticket this morning for the truck being overweight right outside of Lumberton on I95. It was only 6500 pounds over :roll:

So they made us unload and I had to drive my truck 3 hours back to home! That thing is extremely load, but it rides good and sounds awesome! :-D Definitely glad to be home.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks