• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Beat to heck GovPlanet Humvee

Status
Not open for further replies.

tage

I recently purchased one of the hmmwv's out in the southwest, and feel that the pictures hid more damage then shown. Pictures taken in a way that damage is not disclosed. Electronics working when they said they were in-op. Plus, broken lights/body damage, three flats, and missing pieces on pick up!!
I'm not sure if it's normal for the hmmwv's, but when you press down the gas pedal does the firewall normally flex with the pedal?!

Don't get me wrong. I love this truck. It's just.... Can I get a honest listing?!

I hope y'all got better deals then me. :rant:

Last edited:

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bidding at auction, sight unseen, is risky and not for everyone. Some of the old timers on here have worse stories.

dmetalmiki

Oh dear.."let the buyer beware" comes to mind, as said by O.P. best to check Items out before purchase, or have someone do it for you. Anyway good luck with project of fixing your truck up to the standard you desire. Post some pictires when you can showing the points you raise. And later on the work on the actual fix.

tage

The only picture they show that is under the truck neglects to show this. Whoever took that GP picture saw that, and decided to not represent the product.
Integrity?! :recovry4x4:

Last edited:

greenjeepster

GP has a guarantee that the vehicle is as described. If you over looked their vehicle condition description then it is on you, but if it doesn't match what you got you can file a claim. But you only have 10 days from the time you remove the vehicle from GP lot to do so.

tage

GP has a guarantee that the vehicle is as described. If you over looked their vehicle condition description then it is on you, but if it doesn't match what you got you can file a claim. But you only have 10 days from the time you remove the vehicle from GP lot to do so.
Right, I have the ball moving on that. 750$ deductible though. Could you tell me on any of your hmmwv's if the firewall flex is normal with the gas pedal operation?

AZK9

It's rough that the vehicle was less than you expected,
but I wish you success with the project as you proceed.

turnkey

Welcome to the green illness...Cost a lot and just like someone you vote for...Everthing is good ...Until you look. Pow right between the eyes.

tage

You email them at the email on the GP website with pictures to document the discrepancies... Send a picture of the back of the engine?

I don't think you have to worry about them drawing down pricing. The last round of Non runners been averaging 10k before fees... ;)

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is an auction. If you don't preview you have nothing to complain about.

jake-cutter

I think that is where GP creates some problems by not allowing onsite inspections. I hope mine turns out to match the report, but some of the pictures are not the best. Thats why I asked about the engine being listed as a 6.5 but its hard to tell by the pics as it could be a 6.2. Wish they would take a pic of the casting numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks