• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Before / After Pics

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I do too-love the avatar shot! :beer:

houdel

Love that Rustoleum! I had to special order the medium brown to match my truck, but yours looks real nice with the earth brown. Looks like I need to change my brown paint next touch up job. That 3 color camo vinyl top looks great also! Is that a stock Deuce cover, or did you have to cut down and sew up a larger cover? Mine is cut and sew, looks OK, but is sure does not look as good as yours does! My only suggestion - paint those wheels flat black!

Elwenil

Nah, I like the colored wheels. I think the pattern calls for them that way. I'm glad to see someone use the Rustoleum paint. I've been painting my Airsoft gear with the spray bombs for a while and I did the tail end of my M715 in the OD color over a red oxide primer base and I thought it came darn close to 383 green myself. When I find the right Ramcharger I will use that paint to do a 3 color camo job on it.

sak00

I did it in stages and the spray bombs did a great job. I would have liked the brown a little lighter, but I got what I could. The pattern does call for the wheels to be flat black, but I liked the green better. And I think I remember years ago they painted one of the wheel a different color. Anyway I thought black was too bland. I think it turned out alright.
The cargo cover is "supposed to be" stock. I didn't have to do any retrofit. I got it from a junkyard in Live Oak, FL. He just happened to have one. I had to fix the seams in a couple of places and I'm not to sure how they will hold, but I thought for $50 I couldn't go wrong.
I saw in the patten that the stars were suppose to blend opposite of the other colors. I love how the driver's door turned out. I may re-do the pass. side just to get more color in the star. "Maybe".

Anyway, thanks for all the great feedback.

P.S. Yes the Scrambler is Olive Drab too. That one was Krylon OD. Different shade from Rust-o-leum.

SpruceDeuce

great looking paint job!! :beer:

i think i am going to do something similar in terms of spray bombs. What are the names of the colors you used and did you use primer (color and type) anywhere or did you just wipe down the old paint and spray over it?

also, how did you do the camo pattern with a template, tape, or just good control over your hands?

thanks,