• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Before / After Pics

sak00

Well, I did this the scientific way. Went to Home Depot one day and they had a sale on paint. I pickup some heavy rusted primer (due to some spots) I figured I had some surface marks and all. Painted with primer. Then Home Depot had Rust-O-Leum camo paint. I picked their darker green, earth brown (whick is a little darker than I prefer, but had no choice) and had to get regular Flat black.

Camo Pattern I found here on SS. Look in the tech manuals and look for camoflauge "Something". There are some great drawings in the book. Then I just looked at the drawings and start painting by hand. I felt the overspray (not that I had much) would be more authenic. And then made my own stencils for the tire pressures , gas tank, and made my own stars.

yorkgulch2

The truck looks great. I believe the cargo cover is a late upgrade. My truck came with the same 1 piece top. The end flaps were attached. The little windows are nice. I like the colored wheels also.

Bigmillman

I like the paint job! I am in need of doing mine. I need to attack my rust and dent monsters first. Hey, I noticed you have not updated your intake mushroom to a vertical position yet. I found it on this website in the pm articles and used 1-4inch exhaust 90 and a 45 to do the job. Converting keeps the rain out of your intake filter housing. ( I found 2" of water in mine! )
Ya, please post the rustolium colors you used. Looks great. :D