• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Behr Paint Jobs- Show me your MV's

bigginstactical

So about 3 weeks ago I bought the 383 green off the codes on this forum and sprayed the intake mushroom. I used this as a test piece since I have no experience with house paint on a vehicle. I wanted to see how it works and how durable it really is compared to automotive paint. I can say that I am very impressed and have decided to go this rout instead of automotive. It is not quite as scratch resistant as an industrial coating but I am more then comfortable using it. I used a screw driver to scratch off some paint, obviously it scratches off, but it didn't lift the edges. That is what I'm looking for. If the edges lift up then water and elements get in and it starts to peel. The paint holds pretty darn well! I'm glad I tried it so far as before I was really skeptical. Seems to be awesome so far. Plus the finish and color are perfect!

ntxcop

I used Behr on my M923 5-Ton last year. I posted pics in this thread back then.

I sold the 5-Ton in March and bought a M35A2 Deuce in April. Last month I used Behr to paint it desert tan. I also used Monstaliner (roll on bed liner) to paint the bumper, grill, battery box, gas tank, and tool box. I love the results with Behr, and the price is right! It took a little while to "harden" but after it hardened, it's tough as nails. I started a thread about using the bed liner to paint a military vehicle, but couldn't resist posting more pics in this thread. I've had great success with Behr paint and will use it in the future. I used 4" rollers to roll it on, it's easy (wife and daughter helped) and looks great!

The first three pics are what she looked like when I bought her. The other pics are what she looks like now!

Attachments

Woodsplinter

Biggins- I've heard from guys who used the house paint that after it cures for a few months it won't scratch off. Apparently C-4 is required to remove it at that point!

bigginstactical

I'm sure it will harden even more. That's why I waited three weeks to test it. Figure that's about how long it will take me to get it out once done haha. If its not hard enough by then I didn't want to use it but seems like it will be just great!

robson1015

I want to paint my 2009 M116A3 trailer. It is sand color. What behr paint would I ask for? Does anyone have the paint formula? I realize it is FLAT base but what color is used? Thanx..

zout

I do not know the Federal # to get the color but someone else here sure does I bet.
The Behr ULTRA is what has been getting used as well as I have this on the M909 and love it

Behr also has the Marque paint which is another step better than this - it is exterior only and it will not allow dirt or dust to settle on it - and it does not as the nose of the M909 has been painted yellow with this over a month ago and it is still brighter and cleaner as the day I shot it.

I will say just watch if you reduce it with water only to be careful - you are drying out water not chemicals that are made to evaporate faster - so getting the right mix to shoot is the key - use little water to thin.

RAYZER

I painted the Taj support cycle with behr ultra premium using an automotive spray gun, the paint is holding up really well, even to gas spill.uploadfromtaptalk1384813965106.jpg

Nick

Awesome info guys!! Kinda like the food and milk type info, Who was the first guy in history to say, huummm, I think Ill drink what comes out of that animals teet. Who ever thought of this is genius.
Ok, so Im considering sanding down my 2001 Dakota and doing it desert tan. I was considering using Rustoleum rattle cans in desert sand, easy touch up and easy to match. But this is now an option. Does it need to be sealed after applying? I like the idea of one of the recent post of the marque paint that won't allow dirt or dust to settle on it, I assume thats with no top coat? I realize its a house paint, but just wondering if it needs a top coat since its being used in an unintended purpose.

Welder Sam

Awesome info guys!! Kinda like the food and milk type info, Who was the first guy in history to say, huummm, I think Ill drink what comes out of that animals teet. Who ever thought of this is genius.
Ok, so Im considering sanding down my 2001 Dakota and doing it desert tan. I was considering using Rustoleum rattle cans in desert sand, easy touch up and easy to match. But this is now an option. Does it need to be sealed after applying? I like the idea of one of the recent post of the marque paint that won't allow dirt or dust to settle on it, I assume thats with no top coat? I realize its a house paint, but just wondering if it needs a top coat since its being used in an unintended purpose.
Sealed? I hope not. I've done 2 trucks and a trailer without sealing. Good stuff.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks