• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Behr Paint Jobs- Show me your MV's

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Well boys she’s painted! Have to install the new oil pressure gauge, wiper arms and blades, clean the windows and perform a post-paint detailing but it looks like new money compared to what it was.

Painted with Behr Exterior house paint sprayed from a HVLP gun. Total cost? $200. Used a gladhand and 1/2 hose from the MTVR to spray it, it has an aftercooler to remove water followed by a nice drier to polish the air afterwards. Worked greatIMG_5722.jpg
IMG_5723.jpg
IMG_5724.jpg
IMG_5725.jpg
IMG_5726.jpg
IMG_5727.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Well boys she’s painted! Have to install the new oil pressure gauge, wiper arms and blades, clean the windows and perform a post-paint detailing but it looks like new money compared to what it was.

Painted with Behr Exterior house paint sprayed from a HVLP gun. Total cost? $200. Used a gladhand and 1/2 hose from the MTVR to spray it, it has an aftercooler to remove water followed by a nice drier to polish the air afterwards. Worked greatView attachment 844326
View attachment 844327
View attachment 844328
View attachment 844329
View attachment 844330
View attachment 844331

Wow! She looks like new money!
Very nice for sure...

Terra1936

Painted with Behr Exterior house paint sprayed from a HVLP gun. Total cost? $200. Used a gladhand and 1/2 hose from the MTVR to spray it, it has an aftercooler to remove water followed by a nice drier to polish the air afterwards. Worked greatView attachment 844326
View attachment 844327
View attachment 844328
View attachment 844329
View attachment 844330
View attachment 844331

Looks Awesome! Interior too?

SCM35A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter

View attachment 844327
View attachment 844328
View attachment 844329
View attachment 844330
View attachment 844331

Damn, looks awesome!! Now hit me up with the paint codes for the colors used so I can get my 5ton looking this good!

Terra1936

I decided to give it a shot. I painted a military motorcycle in Gillespie but was up for a change. I’m very impressed how forgiving the Behr is.

Just finished with the second coat of the base tan before dark green camo. Behr marquee satin shot from the purple HF HVLP gun.

Before -
Nice! Please post you can label colors when your finished! Looks great! Remember 30 days to cure!

Prospect62

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What are you putting on the windows to resist the overspray? Grease or something?
GO, soaked onto a rag then rubbed on windows.

You can use grease, oil, any coating really.

Let it dry a couple days, then wash the windows and you're good to go. takes a lot less time and money than taping everything off.

tjonesdfw

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All these flat Behr paint jobs look great, but how does it touch up down the road? And then if and when you DO need another repaint in the future, can you sand it down and paint again or are you stuck bead blasting the truck back down to what was under the Behr to paint again? It’s a 100% acrylic which we use on commercial buildings with good success but would never have thought to put it on a truck. It handles weather obviously as a house paint but wonder how abrasion resistant it is, or how it appears after bugs, bird droppings, etc. Some guys are recommending an industrial polyurethane but wouldn’t think you’d ever get a proper color match on that down the road when you need to paint repairs or new accessories. Have also seen the American Coatings down here in Texas from eBay which look good, but not a fan of how Rapco looks. Just weighing all options before going back solid flat green on our M1123. If anyone in DFW has a Behr painted truck, would be curious to see in person. Thanks!

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not a Behr job, it's Sherwin Williams exterior matte, but I've had great luck with the paint job I put on my 5 ton. As far as weathering, everything has done great in the 3 months since painting and I've even pressure washed it and used the soapy brush on it...

The only touch ups I've had to do were where I messed up.

Before and after:
20211005_003708.jpg

20210819_183347.jpg

20210816_175355.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks