• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

best paint for axles and suspention?

m880 unimog

hi,well im near to steam cleaning the bottom of the truck [ ok this one aint a deuce ] but i know you guys run in the mud and run the trucks hard,this is the life my truck will have when i get it done,mud,water dragging wrecks/logs around the yard etc.
i plan to blast the corrosion off with sand,most of the chassis axles etc only need a steam clean-it,s how to rust proof and seal it all up -
what have you guys got good words about?

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The only thing I have to offer is to caution you on sandblasing the axles assembled. You'd be surprised where that sand will get.

I really don't know what you could paint on the axles that will hold up. They take a beating.

yolner

I like por-15. Used it on a few things and if you apply it right you can't break the stuff off with a hammer. It's all in the prep though. If you don't follow directions to the letter it'll chip off.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks