• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

best paint for axles and suspention?

m880 unimog

hi,well im near to steam cleaning the bottom of the truck [ ok this one aint a deuce ] but i know you guys run in the mud and run the trucks hard,this is the life my truck will have when i get it done,mud,water dragging wrecks/logs around the yard etc.
i plan to blast the corrosion off with sand,most of the chassis axles etc only need a steam clean-it,s how to rust proof and seal it all up -
what have you guys got good words about?

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The only thing I have to offer is to caution you on sandblasing the axles assembled. You'd be surprised where that sand will get.

I really don't know what you could paint on the axles that will hold up. They take a beating.

yolner

I like por-15. Used it on a few things and if you apply it right you can't break the stuff off with a hammer. It's all in the prep though. If you don't follow directions to the letter it'll chip off.