• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Best Way to Disable Inertia Brake?

Xerofall

I only use it when backing the trailer in my driveway. I don't think (at least I hope not) that anyone would want to permanently drive around with the pin in a working system.

mrfishaholic

I though I was the only crazy one that couldnt find this in the TM, I have been reading it in my "throne time" for a couple months now, still havent come to this part of the TM, however I am thankful someone finally posted the lockout proceedure for the rest of us. THANKS![thumbzup]

mrfishaholic

I found a pin at Harbor Freight today that works ok, I am looking for something a bit more robust preferably with a hole in it so I can tether it to the trailer, anyone have any ideas or have something that works good for this?[thumbzup]

steelandcanvas

I found a pin at Harbor Freight today that works ok, I am looking for something a bit more robust preferably with a hole in it so I can tether it to the trailer, anyone have any ideas or have something that works good for this?[thumbzup]
I think I have an 1/8th or 3/16th inch cotter pin on M116 trailer. I just spread the pin apart, hooked it over a small chain, and smooshed the pin back together. Works for me.

Stan Leschert

Put a pin thru that hole right there.
Thanks for the sweet and simple answer.

There are times when you might not wish to have this system active...
Backing up an incline would be one.

IT WOULD BE APPRECIATED IF PERSONS COULD KEEP A CIVIL TOUNGUE
WHILE REPLYING TO POSTS.

This would include our more experienced members.

Snippy comments might cause us to ignore really important information,
that we need to know, but ...

3dAngus

I thought it was mrfishaholic who lost 250 pounds, while sitting on the throne for 2 1/2 months reading tech manuals. That's gotta be one of the longest dumps on record. [thumbzup]

Oh, and yes, you can dump the M101A2 as well, but it is not a recommended procedure. Surgery may be required as a result.:jumpin:

You can back up the M101A2 without the pin on level ground, but it is recommended you ALWAYS use the pin. You never really know what you will get into when backing up anything. Lots of surprises coming there.

So, if the holes don't line up, hook up your trailer to your truck pintle, and jerk it forward coming to a slow easy stop so it doesn't fall back again. Then put in your pin. good luck with it. Glad I didn't have to go out and take that picture. Looks like KS just painted his pintle. It looks fantastic!

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I took the complete brake system off, surge lunette, drums, backing plates, shoes, lines, and with it the original landing leg. The surge system never worked when I bought it. so off it went.

Trailer weighs in at 1080 now.

:)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks