• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Beware Home Depots Forklift Drivers !

rustystud

I was using my M1028 to get some "Trex" decking today at Home Depot. Well the forklift driver sent the package straight through my rear window ! Glass everywhere !!! Spent hours cleaning up the mess. At least I have a nice breeze through the cab now ! They said insurance would pay for it, though it would take some time. Great, how much time is "some time" ?

I think I will install a "tinted" window there now. That way I won't be getting the back of my neck sunburned in summer. So some good will come out of this I guess.
Thou this morning I was loosing my "religion" pretty bad !!!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My $850 vehicle damage claim from HD only took a few days to receive a check.

My damage was from shear negligence/laziness.

You should be able to charge a reasonable fee for your clean-up time as well.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Perhaps it is true, forklifts are forcefully attracted to CUCVs. That or there is an ancient blood feud only the machines understand.

Sorry that happened to you, but the tinted slider sounds like a good option.

Maybe I should head to Home Depot in my 1028....

Cheers

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That sucks, Rustystud! Hopefully you will get a replacement to your satisfaction in a timely manner. Insurance may only go for the cost of replacing what you had plus your labor. If you want to improve it as some suggest you may have to pay the difference. Or, the better replacement with the agreement you do not hit them for the labor---? Hope all works out well for you.
I have chewed out forklift drivers at liquidation sites who pick up pickup trucks with a forklift under the frame. Showed them the bent driveshaft that results almost every time!

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry to hear about your problem. HD should also be liable in providing you with a rental vehicle until your M1028 is repaired.

cucvmule

collector of stuff
A nice drive into town and then load up some material. The fork "driver" see's that dually and thinks that he can be a little more aggressive with loading. Bummer, I would also go with a slider. Also since the military had them it would stay with being "original".

How about instead of a window, the ding dong took the backrack of the forklift and crushed the pristine doghouses down to the bed floor on my K30 dually. Sigh, they fixed it but to me it will never be the same.:evil:

Hope you get some relief soon.

rustystud

Actually I was really lucky. The decking never touched the cab at all. Just the window. I also found some rust after taking out the window molding. So a little clean-up and paint, new molding and glass and good to go !

FloridaAKM

Good to hear that you are able to easily fix it & cure the unknown cancer of steel before it got too bad. Hopefully, HD paid you a fair amount for your labor also.

cucvrus

Actually I was really lucky. The decking never touched the cab at all. Just the window. I also found some rust after taking out the window molding. So a little clean-up and paint, new molding and glass and good to go !
Your an honest guy. NOT an opportunist looking to profit from a slight error. Good job for you. Helped you out and easy to replace it with what was there. I don't know about you but a glass that comes out and stores behind the seat sounds a little sketchy to me. Sliding rear windows on pickups are made to clean out the bed debris into the cab. And storing a piece of glass behind the seats reminds me of a Trans Am I had with T tops. What a PITA they were to store and reinstall every time someone wanted to ride with them out. Not mentioning the one that broke when a friend bumped the edge against a wall when he was trying to store it in the top bag. Good Job Rusty Stud. Fix the rust pop in a replacement glass and be on your way. The new truck would still be on my bucket list. Just do it. Have a great day. A/C is good and comfortable cool is better. I drove a CUCV in winter and a CUCV is hot summer. So I have experienced the cool and the heat. It is still a CUCV anyway you slice it.

infidel got me

Two good things happened-- no one was hurt( you didn't take the materials or glass to the back of the head) and it's not winter!!!

Shudda went to lowes.... H.Depot will make it right.

rustystud

Two good things happened-- no one was hurt( you didn't take the materials or glass to the back of the head) and it's not winter!!!

Shudda went to lowes.... H.Depot will make it right.
Actually I was sitting in the truck when it happened ! I was looking down when WHAM !!! Glass everywhere ! It didn't hurt me thankfully, just a few cuts on my hands from sweeping the glass off my seat. I should have been out there watching what those knuckleheads where doing.

rustystud

Your an honest guy. NOT an opportunist looking to profit from a slight error. Good job for you. Helped you out and easy to replace it with what was there. I don't know about you but a glass that comes out and stores behind the seat sounds a little sketchy to me. Sliding rear windows on pickups are made to clean out the bed debris into the cab. And storing a piece of glass behind the seats reminds me of a Trans Am I had with T tops. What a PITA they were to store and reinstall every time someone wanted to ride with them out. Not mentioning the one that broke when a friend bumped the edge against a wall when he was trying to store it in the top bag. Good Job Rusty Stud. Fix the rust pop in a replacement glass and be on your way. The new truck would still be on my bucket list. Just do it. Have a great day. A/C is good and comfortable cool is better. I drove a CUCV in winter and a CUCV is hot summer. So I have experienced the cool and the heat. It is still a CUCV anyway you slice it.
I agree about the window. I already ordered a tinted one from LMC trucks along with a new rubber molding. Home Depot has not contacted me yet, but I'm not worried. It only has cost me around $200.00 dollars. Plus I did find that rusted area ! There are a few pin holes that will need to be patched up. I'll use some of that "body" epoxy for that.
I was pretty angry when this first happened, but in all honesty it is not that bad. Now after I fix the rusted area and install my new tinted window the truck will be better then it was before !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks