• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

BFR Metals, Salina Kansas, a Goodie Hole

91W350

Solar chargers are free if you can find them. They roll in pretty regularly, it is one of those items we do not pull and go untested. We just do not monkey with them.

Today the new arrivals started rolling in. A M923 with a nice complete set of fiberglass troop seats and sideboards. A nice Marine Corp M923 with a full set of nice troop seats. We have been through at least 30 of these trucks and this is the first one that looks like it would be worth keeping. They have been rusty and rough. One of the rusty and rough ones has an unusual tow bar in the bed, I will try to recover it and post some photos. It appears to be expandable, made out of rectangular tubing. Probably need Soldiers A, B and C to use it or a loader tractor, the loader will probably be my friend. Some more nice 1400X20 tires, but we have an ocean of them already.

I picked up a couple of old 5 tons at the GSA Auction this week. A M54 and a M54A2, kind of anxious to see if they will run. I like the looks of that M54A2, might make it the new yard truck/jumper truck. I have been using my company car, a nice camo M915, but sold it Monday evening.

We should have around 20 new trucks to pick through by the end of next week.... looking forward to getting started on them. Glen

Rkrug

Need to get out there soon and get a brake pod.But looks like i'm going to be stuck in town next couple of weeks but do have a 4 day weekend coming up,might have to drive the truck out to Salina and spend the night at the lake on the way, trucks been on the jack stands all week:cry: so I need to get the axle seals fixed then I need to go for a long trip to make up for all the short ones I usually take.:driver:
IMG_0784.jpg

91W350

Our extra bedroom is busy for about six weeks, but if you want to come down and spend the night, we can put you up on the couch or an inflatable mattress. Normally we have a queen sized bed available, but a young man in need is spending some time with us. Come on down! You are welcome anytime!

hwcurtice

Solar chargers are free if you can find them. They roll in pretty regularly, it is one of those items we do not pull and go untested. We just do not monkey with them.

Today the new arrivals started rolling in. A M923 with a nice complete set of fiberglass troop seats and sideboards. A nice Marine Corp M923 with a full set of nice troop seats. We have been through at least 30 of these trucks and this is the first one that looks like it would be worth keeping. They have been rusty and rough. One of the rusty and rough ones has an unusual tow bar in the bed, I will try to recover it and post some photos. It appears to be expandable, made out of rectangular tubing. Probably need Soldiers A, B and C to use it or a loader tractor, the loader will probably be my friend. Some more nice 1400X20 tires, but we have an ocean of them already.

I picked up a couple of old 5 tons at the GSA Auction this week. A M54 and a M54A2, kind of anxious to see if they will run. I like the looks of that M54A2, might make it the new yard truck/jumper truck. I have been using my company car, a nice camo M915, but sold it Monday evening.

We should have around 20 new trucks to pick through by the end of next week.... looking forward to getting started on them. Glen
Glen

PM Sent...

Last edited:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Glen it's about time you got some color for the lot and somehow I knew you were the one bidding on them. I was bidding on one of the 35A2, the one that didn't run but folded when it went over 15.

Attachments

91W350

GL cut off our afternoon loadout, so we went to Manhattan and picked up our two five tons there. The colors are now in the yard, both ran and were driven on. The Reo rolled back off of the trailer easily, the 68 Kaiser not so. The tandems were locked up, 75 miles ago they were rolling, but they are not about to roll in reverse. I wondered if the sprag might be responsible? Anyway, I tail lifted it and rolled it down the ramp. Might find time to drop in a pair of batteries and see if it will run tomorrow, might not, we have been busy... and short on help!

Rkrug

If you need some help replacing it let me know, since the one in my f150 went out quite suddenly, thought it might be a good idea to get some experience replacing big ones just in case the one in the 923 ever goes out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks