• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

BFR Metals, Salina Kansas, a Goodie Hole

91W350

I will have to check, I have a running five ton, but never checked to see if it was a LDS. I know it is a Multifuel, but never checked it.

91W350

Somebody relieved us of two spare tire hoists, some shackles and some pulled instrument clusters. Not cool! The 939s are thick now, the 813s have not cleared yet.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So someone came into your yard and stole the items? very not cool!

You're doing this hobby a great service, and I hope people like that don't ruin it for the rest of us.

91W350

Ferro it about has to be a MV person as they left 16 6TL batteries stacked on the ground and a large pile of wiring harnesses. They left several alternators and a stack of starters, it is kind of sad.....

You guys are still welcome to come out anytime! Glen

Triple C

Sorry to hear that Glen. You would think anyone interested in military vehicles would have some sense of honor about them. Pathetic folk those.

Rkrug

Sad to hear that people are doing things like that.
Can't wait to get out there next week and see all the new stuff thats come in.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Ferro it about has to be a MV person as they left 16 6TL batteries stacked on the ground and a large pile of wiring harnesses. They left several alternators and a stack of starters, it is kind of sad.....

You guys are still welcome to come out anytime! Glen
Do you mean they were going to steal those as well? maybe got interrupted and left before they could load them?

Any word on the LDS465?

91W350

Do you mean they were going to steal those as well? maybe got interrupted and left before they could load them?

Any word on the LDS465?
No, those items were stacked up nearby, waiting to be stored inside or taken across the road to the recycling building. I still have not opened the hood on the five ton. It is dry enough now, I should go do that.

Heath_h49008

Question:

How much do you get for M105 trailers? This would be for use as a trailer, not a bobber bed. It wouldn't need to be perfect, but good mechanicals would be nice.

91W350

I have been asking 500 for the trailers and not getting it. We have several with like new bed covers, new Titan tires and the newer Pribbs box. It is sick to say, but it pays much better with less hassle to sell the tires for 160, the cover for 125 and crush the metal part. At one time we had around 200 105 trailers, maybe six left now.

The engine in the five ton is LDT with a whistler turbo. I may put it on 1400 GoodYears and use it for a yard dog, mount a generator, air compressor, some tool boxes, boarding ladder racks etc... It is a pretty clean old truck, I need to take it for a test drive.The frame rails have been torched off in the rear, it has a pipe welded to the bottom of the front bumper and some wacky looking power steering unit. There is an expanded metal platform behind the cab, it has a hard top and heater.

91W350

Glen, you've gotten a couple of those newer trailers, the m1101/m1102 in, from pictures.

What are those going for?
I have one that I bought on my own account, I paid 770 plus fees for the thing. It is my favorite trailer for all around use, I doubt I will be selling it anytime soon. It is at home behind the deuce or my two wheel drive Dodge. I like the ease of picking up the tongue to hitch and the tie downs in the floor. They have always gone too high to buy as scrap.

wildbill81

Glen,
I was pointed your direction by a couple other members. I just bought an M109 without the box on it to make a bobber. I'm looking fo an M105 trailer for the conversion. do you have any pics of the ones you have?
Thanks!

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glen, Do you have any M35A2 vinyl cargo covers (green or tri-color)? I should be passing by in the next 3 weeks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks