• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

BFR Metals, Salina Kansas, a Goodie Hole

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wish you would have gotten back to me on the parts I was asking about. i just completed my road trip I mentioned to you and I even stayed overnight on the way back in Salina!
I thought I had another option going that would get it to my door is the only reason I didn't get back to you.

I've told Glen I didn't mind paying shipping but I know he's busy and hasn't had time to ship. I'll just wait on him to ship unless somebody happens to be heading this way.

KsM715

Hopefully Glen is alright. Just turned the news on. (1800hrs local) and there's talk of tornados in Salina right now.

(Time for me to go clean out under the stairs in the basement incase they get closer to me)

Last edited:

91W350

20 miles out, it was looking like we were going to get blasted. Six miles out it was still looking ugly for Salina. As it approached the west side it dissipated. Ten miles north east it regenerated and tore up a mobile home. We dodged another weather bullet.

kstate90

Glen, Did you get a weight on the bed? Sorry I had to cut out. I had to go pick my son up from his youth group function. I enjoyed seeing the new iron. Lets just say the USMC uses their trucks a little harder than the army does apparently. Did those trucks have winches on them? I did not see one with a winch but I saw they had the hydraulic pumps.

The storms passed to the Southeast of me about 10-12 miles. I was out storm spotting and saw the one in NW Dickinson County rope out. It hit the gas plant on K-18 East of Bennington. KDOT closed 18 down until they can get the leak fixed. Round three is on the way. Won't get here for a while. Definitely an interesting day.

Did Lowes get hit? I heard that it might have taken part of the roof off.

91W350

Not sure about Lowes.

The bed weighed 2200 pounds.

Unless we get a load of rain tonight, I plan to be pulling hard tops and troop seats tomorrow.

If you guys want to stop by, feel free.

I agree, the Marines know how to use a truck!

91W350

I am sure the military yard is a horrible muddy mess. We have water standing everywhere. I will still be out the tomorrow, but maybe not all day. Those ankle deep ruts and everything being slick gets very old. Nothing fun about standing in water while trying to work.

91W350

I have everything in boxes for you except the mud flap, it is wider than the boxes I obtained for the muffler, guard, hardware and seat. I still need to seal them up and address them.

We have a loading dock that is full of water. The road to the south yard is passable, but there appears to be about two to six inches of water standing in most of the yard, in the loader tractor ruts. There is no gravel in that yard, I am guessing my plan for a day's work there is off.

If you guys want to swing by and have a look, we can still do that. I do not think the liability of having people trying to work in that soft mud is worth the risk.

I think I will spend the day with my three white Shepherds. This is Missy's last week and saying goodbye to an old friend is tough. She has been having seizures, even though we have maxed her out on medication, she keeps having them. It seems unfair to let her suffer through many more. For the last 12 years, she has been a great companion and always loyal friend. Glen

RealCavDog

Hey Glen
Have you been able to get my exaust parts and seat out yet. I really need the parts, If you don't have time can someone else drop them off at ups.
Thanks
Mark

Double posted, several minutes apart ? :-?

And then this also double posted ? :-?

Hey Glen
Glad your ok, hope today is better. Were you able to box up my stuff. Mark
I can use a roof also, in good shape.

Just wondering if maybe P.M. would be a better option ? Sure would make the thread easier to follow ?

RealCavDog

Glen, Close the yard and spend the day with your friend. Theres always next weekend.

JEFF ! YOU ARE TOTALLY RIGHT !

GLEN ! Sign off and take care of whats really important ! The heck with all that rusty old junk ! It will be there later !

God and Family FIRST !

Am so sorry I didn't get back up fast enough to meet Missy . . . Take some time for You and Yours !

Jay

91W350

Sorry Guys.....

Hey Glen
Have you been able to get my exaust parts and seat out yet. I really need the parts, If you don't have time can someone else drop them off at ups.
Thanks
Mark
Hey Glen
Glad your ok, hope today is better. Were you able to box up my stuff. Mark
I can use a roof also, in good shape.
Mark wants to get his truck running and I understand that. He has been sending me PMs and he has been calling the yard. I have an extremely hard time shipping anything oversize. My day starts before any of the businesses that ship out open and it ends long after they close. If I had a lunch break, I could ship the stuff then.

I write over 100 transactions a day, between the check writing and checking incoming loads comes the scheduling and getting breaks covered. There always seems to be a customer dispute over whether a 36" x 36" chunk of steel is prepared metal or if their copper is #1 or #2, if I have over a thousand pounds of lead, can you give me a special price? ... It goes on and on and on..... by the time I get my 11 or 12 hours in, I am ready to get off of my feet for a while and soak up some free time with no pressure.

We have experienced very rapid growth, whether that will continue or not remains to be seen. I hope we can continue to grow. I hired a girl to work the desk, she did not work out, neither did the second one. The third one is doing much better, she is smart and she has class. She is a great asset, but I still cannot leave the yard.

Several people have said to have UPS or Fed Ex pick the stuff up. Unfortunately though, it is not as easy as having a truck pull up and load up the product and tell them where to take it.

I apologize to Mark and several others for struggling to get the parts they need shipped. I keep saying it will get better, but I am tied to that counter for at least another month.
I try to pull stuff in the evenings before dark sets in and I have quite a stock of parts that I know guys are needing.

The military vehicle stuff is handled separate from the regular business and is not actually a part of BFR. We do not sell parts off of anything that comes into the yard. I have been given a lot of freedom to sell parts off of those trucks, but I have to do it on my own time. I may have to make it a U-pull and haul your own parts palace for a while.

The parts I have in stock, I can package and have ready to go to the post office. Anybody can do those for me, the large stuff is a real obstacle for me to get out. I have pallets available and strapping equipment. I can fairly easily strap things to a pallet for pickup, much easier than hauling it to a shipping depot.

Hang with me guys, this should get better. I know I could be making a lot more money just doing the military stuff and not working for the company, but I want my friend's business to work.

Several members are waiting or wanting parts from me, I apologize for being so slow to ship. Glen

ranchhopper

Mark wants to get his truck running and I understand that. He has been sending me PMs and he has been calling the yard. I have an extremely hard time shipping anything oversize. My day starts before any of the businesses that ship out open and it ends long after they close. If I had a lunch break, I could ship the stuff then.

I write over 100 transactions a day, between the check writing and checking incoming loads comes the scheduling and getting breaks covered. There always seems to be a customer dispute over whether a 36" x 36" chunk of steel is prepared metal or if their copper is #1 or #2, if I have over a thousand pounds of lead, can you give me a special price? ... It goes on and on and on..... by the time I get my 11 or 12 hours in, I am ready to get off of my feet for a while and soak up some free time with no pressure.

We have experienced very rapid growth, whether that will continue or not remains to be seen. I hope we can continue to grow. I hired a girl to work the desk, she did not work out, neither did the second one. The third one is doing much better, she is smart and she has class. She is a great asset, but I still cannot leave the yard.

Several people have said to have UPS or Fed Ex pick the stuff up. Unfortunately though, it is not as easy as having a truck pull up and load up the product and tell them where to take it.

I apologize to Mark and several others for struggling to get the parts they need shipped. I keep saying it will get better, but I am tied to that counter for at least another month.
I try to pull stuff in the evenings before dark sets in and I have quite a stock of parts that I know guys are needing.

The military vehicle stuff is handled separate from the regular business and is not actually a part of BFR. We do not sell parts off of anything that comes into the yard. I have been given a lot of freedom to sell parts off of those trucks, but I have to do it on my own time. I may have to make it a U-pull and haul your own parts palace for a while.

The parts I have in stock, I can package and have ready to go to the post office. Anybody can do those for me, the large stuff is a real obstacle for me to get out. I have pallets available and strapping equipment. I can fairly easily strap things to a pallet for pickup, much easier than hauling it to a shipping depot.

Hang with me guys, this should get better. I know I could be making a lot more money just doing the military stuff and not working for the company, but I want my friend's business to work.

Several members are waiting or wanting parts from me, I apologize for being so slow to ship. Glen
I understand where you are Glen been there done that it gets like a full time job then you burn out and you loose interest in the whole thing altogether. There is a guy on ebay goes by beltfed explaines that if you want it right away order it from someone else he explaines its not his full time job and you will get it when he has time to get it out. Maybe you should try his approach it seems to work for him and you wont get burnt out well good luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks